Whining all the time is it normal?

My DD is 22 mts now and she whines about everything I mean everything! Is this normal or what? I am losing my mind ----she can cry sooooo loud:(

melk819

Asked by melk819 at 10:54 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Normal...it's a phase and should pass in a couple of weeks
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 PM on May. 13, 2010

• no thats NOT normal !! my younger sister had this same problem.. but we didnt do anything about it thinking she'll grow out of it. she's 13 year old now. and even now u say something to her she'll start pouting, with tears rolling down her eyes and if still not getting her way she'll start crying !! i mean a 13-year-old !! two of my friends are also having this same problem with their kids. one friend has a 7 year old and the other one's is i think around 5. both still whiny.. so having a bad 3 examples with 3 totally 3 different kids, i guess u need to look into it when ure kids whines too much.
    Anonymous

• it was normal for my son.. We are working on whining is YUCKY - use your words to tell mommy or daddy what you want - if it gets too bad, he goes to his room and can come out when hes' ready to talk like a big boy - we dont yell about it or baby it -we certainly ingore it if it gets too bad -this started when he was 18 months old that we started this as he's always been a whiner/cryer and he still does it, but its gotten WAY better. My son is very sensitive is all - but so am I and so Is my husband.. so things affect him differently than other kids, and whining is his way of expressing it RIGHT NOT, but we are working on getting him to use other ways and asking for help is a big one.. !! he's doing great!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:19 AM on May. 14, 2010