Ear tubes, adenoids and tonsil romoval for 16month old

My 16 month old DD has had a very rough start to her life. Mod. severe asthma, severe eczema, mod. food and environmental allergies and chronic ear infections. Well today we seen ENT and right away after examination and failed hearing test they want to place tubes, and remove adenoids and tonsils. Anyone have experiences they would like to share about their little ones having it done close to this age. Surgery is May 28. They are also going to redo allergy skin prick tests.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 11:13 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, my son was about two when they put in his tubes. He didn't have ANY ear infections. The only reason they found the problem was because I was concerned about his speech. Three years later, we are having to go back in and remove the tubes and take out his tonsils and adenoids. They are doing all this in one surgery, so it will be less stressful on him. As for the surgery itself, it wasn't so bad. He was a bit whiney afterward, but he got over it and has done wonderfully since then. His speech has improved and his ears seem to bug him less. As for the tonsil remove, I am hoping it will help with his breathing. I'm sorry, but I don't believe a 5 y/o should snore as loud as his daddy. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:57 AM on May. 14, 2010

• My ds had his adnoids removed and tubes put it in. At the time, my dh & I didn't want to do it but it was the best thing for our ds. He had a couple of ear infections after that. He hasn't another infection in years. Our ds turns 12 on Sunday. Our future daughter-in-law is going to thank us. Our ds doesn't snore now that his adnoids are gone;-) I hope this helps put your mind somewhat at ease.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:58 AM on May. 14, 2010