Ear tubes, adenoids and tonsil romoval for 16month old

My 16 month old DD has had a very rough start to her life. Mod. severe asthma, severe eczema, mod. food and environmental allergies and chronic ear infections. Well today we seen ENT and right away after examination and failed hearing test they want to place tubes, and remove adenoids and tonsils. Anyone have experiences they would like to share about their little ones having it done close to this age. Surgery is May 28. They are also going to redo allergy skin prick tests.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 11:13 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• With my little brother-- same issues. He was the head infection poster child. He had an ear and throat issue constantly. My mom refused tubes and surgery. A doctor actually called CPS on her. Then one day, when he was about 3, everything stopped. He got healthy. He "grew out of it."

He is still severely reactive to cigarette smoke.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:01 AM on May. 14, 2010

• My son is having tubes in his ears and adenoids removed tomorrow for chronic ear infections. Everyone I've talked to who have had children that had the same surgery say it was a godsend. I'm anxious for tomorrow, can't wait.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:23 AM on May. 14, 2010

• My kids weren't that young (one was not yet 3, the other turned 4 3 days after surgery) when they had their tonsils & adenoids out (no tubes for any of my kids) but that alone was a wonderful thing for them. Best wishes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 14, 2010