can we please have an edit button

I wondering why isn't there a edit button. Is there one on the way cause it is really needed.

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 11:22 PM on May. 13, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Edit what? Your question? You can always delete it and start again.
    Anonymous

• how about spell check for when you write your question!!! That'd be great!!
    Anonymous

• "Edit what? Your question? You can always delete it and start again."

Pain in the ass. Sure, it works if it's just a short, simple question, but if you've posted a long paragraph with details about your particular problem, you're not going to want to type the whole thing out again. Sure you can copy and paste, but you might accidentally post with the mistakes you made the first time.

"how about spell check for when you write your question!!! That'd be great!! "

Maybe, but then you have words like "their, they're, there" and "to, too, two". Spellchecker generally doesn't catch content mistakes. If you type "There going too be mad because you made to many pies for they're party.", it would still make it through spell check, even though it should be "They're going to be mad because you made too many pies for their party."

I think an edit button would be great, both for the question and the answers.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:49 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Hi OP! As long as someone has not answered your question you can go back to edit it. Once someone answers your question it's kind of locked to prevent any confusion.

The way I like to think about it is if you asked - "How can I potty train my toddler" and a mom answers "Buy the Elmo potty! It plays music when they go!" But you go back and edit the question to say "How can I potty train my dog". The answer that the mom gave may not be suitable for your question now. Make sense? I know it seems silly but to prevent those potential issues, once an answer is submitted, the question can not be edited. I hope that helps. We're always looking to hear from our members so feel free to contact us anytime with any suggestions or concerns you may have.

Cafe Chastity

Cafe Chastity

Answer by Cafe Chastity at 1:22 PM on May. 14, 2010

• There is an editor feature in here. You can spell check, change colors, use italics or bold, etc. lol

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:04 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I asked CM a while ago why they did not have spell check in their question section (where you actually write the question) and they said it wasn't part of the software, which I find hilarious since it's everywhere else. Also, they said there wasn't a need. Oh man, I'm still laughing at that one.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:33 PM on May. 16, 2010

• "There is an editor feature in here. You can spell check, change colors, use italics or bold, etc. lol"

Not everyone uses Cafemom's "editor". I don't use it because it causes my computer to lock up, and I prefer to use html.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:14 PM on May. 16, 2010