Spanking

Why is it that after generations of spanking kids. We've all of a sudden become an anti-spanking society. I got spanked as a kid, and survived it. Pretty sure our kids can survive it as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on May. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• because as societys grows, we learn and mature, and weve learned that spanking is abuse. you dont hit people. you dont intentionally cause physical harm on anyway, especially not your children. alls it does is physically hurt. what good is that? it teachs anger, it teaches violence, it teaches to hit when your angry. children are children, they dont usually misbehave purposly just for the sake of misbehaving .. they misbehave because they just dont understand why they cant do certain things, or have certain things - that does not deserve physical abuse.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:45 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I spank! I sure as heck am not going to let my children be one of these out of control monsters I see running around with their parents "redirecting them" WTF! Tantrum? NO you don't get this other toy to distract you! You get your butt popped!
    Anonymous

• so did i, and i love my parents dearly. theres a difference between spanking for dicsipline and abuse. everything i think about when it comes to raising my baby, i just look back on how i was raised because i think im a pretty well-rounded person. i was spanked and i learned what got me that spanking and that i should behave.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 11:47 PM on May. 13, 2010

• PURPULbutterfly your kids must run all over you, because it sounds like they're in control not you.
    Anonymous

• Now everyone is raising a bunch of wimpy kids too. Our schools don't grade with letters anymore so as not to make kids feel bad for not doing well. You can't make kids try out for teams so everyone can be included. Everyone must be treated the same and you can't reward one's achivements without rewarding the other. Even some of the questions like "how do I prepare my kid for a move, or a new school, or a new bed?" You just tell them, this is how it's going to be! Our Grandparents and Great grandparents moved to new countries with nothing, left everything they knew behind, fought in wars and endured hardship. They never had time to sit around and whine about their fellings or go see a shrink everytime something made them feel bad. That is why there is no pride in a job well done and everyone wants to sit around getting handouts.
    Anonymous

• "It is true that many adults who were spanked as children may be well-adjusted and caring people today. However, research has shown that, when compared with children who are not spanked, children who are spanked are more likely to become adults who are depressed, use alcohol, have more anger, hit their own children, hit their spouses, and engage in crime and violence. These adult outcomes make sense because spanking teaches a child that causing others pain is OK if you're frustrated or want to maintain control—even with those you love. A child is not likely to see the difference between getting spanked from his parents and hitting a sibling or another child when he doesn't get what he wants."

Taken from healthychildren.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Good parents know how to control their children's naughty behavior without having to hit them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 14, 2010

• "Good parents know how to control their children's naughty behavior without having to hit them."

That is why this site is full of mom's pulling their hair out and complaining that their children are out of control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Our society has become a bunch of wimps in and out. I was spanked and I am not an alcoholic, depressed nor do I hit my husband. I turned out just fine and will do the same to my kids. They will not control me nor will they turn out to be a bunch of sissyfied, underacheiving fagbags because I will keep it real. No trophies or rewards for mediocracy in any way, shape or form.
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 2:00 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Hm let's see....we also used to let our kids ride in cars with no car seat let alone seat bealts. We used to let them ride bikes with no helmets. We used to let them run the streets until dusk and not see or hear from them all day. I guess that would be because we as a society grow and learn! I don't think not spanking makes me a whimp at all. If anything it makes me smarter than you because I can get my children to behave without teaching them that I am bigger than them and believe in violence to get my way. Honestly, are we as parents not intelligent enough to discipline our youth in a non-violent manner? Wow, how sad :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 14, 2010