How do SAHM's find the time to go to college?

I'm so busy with my 2 little ones I don't know how I would find the time! They'd be pulling on my legs, crying, etc. How could I possibly sit down to do homework or write a paper?

My 2 year old only naps for 1 hour per day and my 4 year old doesn't nap anymore. One hour is not enough time to get a lot done!

How do you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my mom watched my son and helped me out alot with going to class, and when i needed some extra time to study & write papers. i also did it between naps, and while my son was playing ... but having my mom really did help alot. but you know, if you want something bad enough, youll do it. youll find a way. my SO just did his first semester ever of college while working 48 hrs a week, & giving me attention, & sleeping.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:47 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I always studied at night after my son was sleeping. I was always tired but I got through it. I can get through anything that is temporary.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:50 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I have done college courses since my son was a baby. he is 6 now and I also have a 5 and 2 yr old. they find a way because they have to. You have to be organized and schedule things and just really plan study time. I was in school FT till recently when my sitter got a job and I was not able to find a replacement in a weeks time but before I was FT I did most all online.
    Anonymous

• I will be taking 2 summer courses. My DH will be staying home with the children while I do this. They are week long intensive study courses.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:08 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I try get up early (about an hour before my kids) to do my discussion questions and research for papers and do my homework in little snippets throughout the day and in the evening when they go to bed. I've got 6 classes to go until my Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing is finished! :)
    Eris822

Answer by Eris822 at 12:12 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I have a husband who works with my schedule. He also goes to school full time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 14, 2010

• i do it inline with 3 kids. sometimes its like ... read a sentence, make a bottle, write a word, change a diaper, read a sentence, make dinner.....
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 12:55 AM on May. 14, 2010

• sorry for typos. one handed typing
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 12:57 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I did all mine online.... it was pretty easy
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:34 AM on May. 14, 2010

• If you can't devote three hours a week for homework and studying for every class hour, then now is not the right time.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 AM on May. 14, 2010