Single in my 20s and I want to have a baby.. should I?

I am a single woman in my 20s. I have been in a strictly physical relationship with a man for a bout a year now. For the past 4 months now I have been having the strongest urge to get pregnant.I was raised by my dad while he was a single parent therefore being single doesnt scare me.I honestly dont ever see myself being able to be a "joint" parent, i am very independent, own my own home, have a great job working at a bank and I dont party,drink,smoke at all.If i did get pregnant by my lover,I obviously would not consult him first because I dont want him to think I am trying to trap him or complicate his life.I honestly want to do it alone.Obviously I would give him the choice to be in the babies life but he already has a daughter and a HORRIBLE ex wife that he has issues with and i dont want to make things harder for him.i just need to know some opinions on a single woman in her 20s getting "accidentally" pregnant on purpose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on May. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No don't do it. Being a single Mother is not easy. You have plenty of time. Just wait a little.
    Anonymous

• whatever you feel is right for you. you sound like a very well-rounded person with a good head on your shoulders. if you feel you have love to give, then go for it! being a mommy is amazing. i would think real hard about it tho for a while. you want to make sure to make the right decision for you and your future baby!
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 11:58 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I love my kids... but if I had to do over.... I would have chosen something different!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 14, 2010

• If your both not in it 100% dont' do it. Getting pregnant accidently onpurpose is a shitty thing to do both to your man and your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 14, 2010

• that's messed up, you would really do that to that guy? getting pregnant on purpose without consulting him is cruel and irresponsible. Why dont you talk to him and see what he says instead?
    Anonymous

• If you will have a baby girl she will hate you for not procuring a daddy for her, baby girls love fathers. If you will have a boy, he will hate you even more for robbing him of a role model.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Sounds sneaky.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:04 AM on May. 14, 2010

• look i have kids of my own i have 5 girls well i understand that u have the urge to get pregnact but dont do it i mean u want a child because u just not becomeing a adult but when you get older you is going to wish u never made that mistake and had that child and you is going to wish that u can go in the past and fix the mistake u have but you CAN'T your stuck. Well my opinion if i were u i want have any kids i wish i can fix my mistake but i cant once it is done it's done
    Shaina11

Answer by Shaina11 at 12:06 AM on May. 14, 2010

• The issue you need to think of is "What if he really does want to be in the child's life?' It is well and fine that you can do it on your own, that is not really the issue. Many women do it everyday, but children need both parents. They will have questions in the future and what if they want a relationship with their father? Just some things to think about. After you weight all your options do what is best for you and the child.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:07 AM on May. 14, 2010

• If you wanted to rescue a child via adoption, I might have a different answer.

But to sneakily throw a guy into fatherhood, and to deprive children of their father seems wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on May. 14, 2010