What is wrong with me? 38 weeks pregnant.....

Before I got pregnant, my marraige was perfect. Now I feel like I'm so unhappy and my husband is never here for me. He wont cook , clean, or anything. I'm too far along to be a slave for him. I am so tired of asking him to HELP ME. I have so much trouble sleeping and now this baby is starting to annoy me. Sometimes I want to just scream for her to stop moving so I can sit and stare at the wall. What is wrong with me? Yes I am crying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You sound like a very normal 38-week-pregnant woman to me. My OB always says to ladies in the last trimester, "you just need to survive for now."

Seriously, the last few weeks are tortuous, and emotionally messed up, for a lot of women. Try not to take your own thoughts too seriously at the moment. Just give yourself permission to have a messy house, and get a good book or distractions to survive for now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on May. 14, 2010

• sorry that you are so sad. The baby moving inside of you is such a beautiful feeling, try to enjoy it instead of seeing it as a bad person. As for the husband, i was in the same boat as you during my pregnancy. Either talk to him or if that wont work just try to focus on you and your precious baby and look to the future.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 14, 2010

• maybe he will see the light after your baby is born. try to relax. your in the last weeks of your pregnancy and feeling very tense. i know when i was pregnant, i did everything i could to pick a fight because i was so needy and emotional. im not saying thats what your doing tho. i hope things get better for you
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 12:07 AM on May. 14, 2010

• It sounds like you might have some depression going on. It will likely get worse once the baby is born, unless you seek some help. As far as the Hubby goes, I think many of us can relate. And, of course, at 38 weeks, you haven't the time, energy, or patience to deal with this BS. Men don't get how hard it can be to be pregnant. How exhausting it is, how much it hurts, how even though you might know something is irrational, it doesn't change the way you feel. I'm not calling you irrational by any means, BTW. You might seek some help elsewhere if possible, such as from your mom, siblings, and/or friends. I have a mommy group I'm part of, and when a baby comes, we set up a calendar and each bring meals for the new mom and offer help where we can. Reach out and ask for specific things, like someone to do the laundry or dishes. Good luck, and hang in there! :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:33 AM on May. 14, 2010

• hormones honey. i know you're ready to get this pregnancy over with. i was sick of it by 30 weeks lol.

im pretty young so i could probably get away with it better than you, but if i had the energy id be cooking, cleaning, walking several blocks to the store. all the way up until i was due (40 1/2 weeks). i was walking home from walgreens when i started going into labor lol. i laid off the kitchen tasks once i hit 38 weeks tho because my legs always bothered me and standing in one spot just killed me. id end up with swollen ankles for several hours, just from washing dishes or spending an hr cooking something.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 1:11 AM on May. 14, 2010

• With YOU? Nothing.

With your husband? A raging case of Y Chromosome Defect. It's permanent but generally not fatal.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:54 AM on May. 14, 2010

• OP here.....Thanks ladies! You all helped alot and I woke up feeling better to day. My husband is still the same but I don't feel so depressed. I know that I'm not alone.

gdiamante, you really made me smile!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 14, 2010