upper stomach pains!!!

im only about 4-5 weeks along.. but for the past few days usually right after i eat i get these weird pains in my upper stomach... its not a sharp pain but rater a dull achey pain... it usually lasts for a few hours after a meal.. i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this... is it normal.. or should i go get it checked out!!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could either be gas or if it is located under your ribs on the right side, then it could be a gallbladder problem. It is best to talk to your doctor about it at your next appointment. Try some GasX and see if that helps, if it continues it is likely the GB. Which is VERY common during pregnancy. The extra estrogen causes calcification in the GB and that causes pain and can cause a blockage which is very painful.
    Good Luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:47 AM on May. 14, 2010

• you never know what stomach pains could be during pregnancy. id say talk to your doctor. let them decide the best route to go.
    i had a lot of constant random pains through various parts of my pregnancy, but the one time i addressed it with the doctor, they checked everything and in the end they just said to take tylenol
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 1:06 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I get the same pain my doc told me that this was rather normal during pregnancy
    Anonymous