My sister is Graduating High School!!

I want to put together a "Book from Home". Some basics on how to live on your own- a few simple recipe's, how to sort laundry, tips to keep her dorm room clean and organized, etc. My mom didn't take much time to teach us that kinda stuff, so I want her to have a resource. Then, I was going to incorportate little notes like "bake at 350* for 15 minutes, and call me so I know how it went!" or "add your soap before you add your clothing... and remember we love you and we're proud of you!".. stuff like that...she's going to hawaii for a year, and then to the South Pacific to work undercover to prevent Child Sex Traffiking. She's gonna need something uplifting for the hard days!!!

Would anyone mind throwing out some life- basics? Maybe a cheap reciepe or a tip you wish someone had told you when you first started out? Thanks!!!

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 12:45 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Put together a basic tool kit: philips and flathead screwdriver, hammer, nails, screws, duct tape, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Try to find the good whenever the going gets bad. I had a room mate tell me that whenever she got homesick, she always thought of living away from the family as a camping trip. The homesickness didn't affect her too badly after that. I don't have any easy recipes but it is amazing what you can cooking with a hotpot or a clothing iron. (I lived in the dorm and didn't have a kitchenette to use.) Congratulations to your sister & I hope that she will have fun and be safe at what she is wanting to do. My sister lived in South Korea for a time and has told me a little of what goes on over there.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:12 AM on May. 14, 2010