what would you ask in a new job?

im about to sign on to become a sales rep for a company. sat is my first day. my director wants to talk beforehand tomorrow and if i have any questions. thing is im the kind of person that doesnt ask questions until im actually doing the job. so im completely drawing a blank as to what to ask. i don't want to be like well i don't have any questions at the moment, because she'll probably think im nuts. i went to my first meeting/training a few days ago and i practically didnt say a word. just listened to what everyone was saying, since i was the new person and didnt have much input anyways.

so what would you ask about a new job? (this is for a direct selling company)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I suspect that you asked many of these questions during the interview process, but here are my thoughts: What is the corporate culture? How would you describe your management style? What do you see as my three biggest challenges over the next six months? How often are goals evaluated? What is the career path?

Sales people need to be out-going and great at starting conversations. Is sales training available to you?

I strongly recommend this book: http://www.amazon.com/Accidental-Salesperson-Control-Respect-Deserve/dp/0814470831

Answer by rkoloms at 8:17 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Did you make any financial investment? Did you pay anything for this opportunity? If so, you might want to get out of it now. If you sat through training and didn't come out full of ideas and goals you probably aren't going to earn back what you paid in.

If this is just a job type of job, sit down and write out what you heard in the meeting and ask for clarification on that. Sometimes quiet people are great at sales because they have the ability to listen and understand. You will need to be able to show evidence of this ability.
    Anonymous