Is it true that bleached diapers cause infertility?

There are only about 3 brands out there of unbleached diapers and they are expensive. But now I am afraid to use pampers, huggies etc anymore. I want to have grandchildren one day...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• never heard of such a thing. i wore huggies as a baby and i get pregnant if i wash mine and his underwear together
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 1:11 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I don't think that the manufacturing process was the same when you were a baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I never heard this, either.... I would definitely have to see some science behind this to believe it! I've never heard anyone diagnosed with infertility because they used pampers or huggies. And how would they know what it causes if it's only caused by the most recent products? All the babies wearing them are still babies, so how could they be diagnosed with infirtility?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:20 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Dont know where you heard that but it's not true, just like anon said it wouldn't be out if it was true. Plus my grandma used huggies on me and I'm a baby making machine. BC has failed me 3 times and it was used properly. The shot, the neruplant and the pill (never missed one) Even if it was true the diapers brand would be required to put a warning sign on their package.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:22 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Ask yourself: what would bleaching have to do with fertility? The bleaching process doesn't leave any residue on things, it's just an unnecessary step done for aesthetic reasons.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:53 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Do you bleach your underwear? I know that I do & I can tell you that I'm very fertile! I really don't think that the bleaching process has anything to do with infertility, it's kind of sill actually!
    momof4qtz

Answer by momof4qtz at 7:16 AM on May. 14, 2010

• It isn't the bleach that you have to worry about....its the temperature of the scrotum. Just like adult men wearing tight pants or tighty whitey underwear. But we don't know for sure except that the 1st generation that grew up with the good leak free disposable diapers (disposable were available in the early 70s but not that good and expensive so most of that generation grew up in cloth).....are having children and most with no problems.

Biggest thing you can do if you are worried about your son's future fertility - don't leave a hot wet diaper on him too long.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:28 AM on May. 14, 2010

• sperm arent even developed until puberty are they? how could it affect fertility if he is just a baby?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:42 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Kroger has a brand, there own brand... that doesn't use bleach to whiten the diapers. Check into it. Not very expensive at all.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 2:37 PM on May. 31, 2010

• *their...not *there :) woops
    Autumn22