Roachs

I need help i have a 9 month old baby and i am a new parent i have horrible roaches in my house will i sprayed and it didnt help i put my son in a new bedroom and there are roaches crawling on him and in his crib so i picked him up and put him in the front room with me i am scared and i dont know what to do can they harm him my husband doesnt know what to do and i am afriad if i move they will come with us any suggestion i am concered for my sons help thanks!!!

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 1:19 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call pest control
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Wow,,you poor thing! You didnt say if you own or rent. Call the landlord first thing tomorrow or call pest control,,,,for tonight,,,ugh,,,,,if its really that bad,,,to the point that they are everywhere in the house,,,go to a motel for the night,,,,I wouldnt stay there with my baby if there was an infestation of roaches,,,,good luck hon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on May. 14, 2010

• thanks i cant rent a hotel and i rent and at the moment i cant affor pest controll or anything like that i tried to spray but it didnt work do any of you think that the roaches could hurt him i just want him to be safe
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 1:27 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Roaches are dirty, carry diseases and can cause asthma. They did to me and I only stopped having symptoms 6 months after moving from the roach infested apartment building. You need an extermination ASAP, like, TOMORROW.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Contact your landlord. I don't mean to scare you but it can be a problem. Roaches have been know to crawl into people's ear canals. I have been told that it is painful when they do this.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:29 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Is there anywhere in the house that they are not getting into right now? Wherever is the safiest place to be tonight, i would wrap baby up and put him in bed right next to you. I dont know if roaches could cause physical harm,,but the thought of a roach crawling on my baby makes me sick to my stomach. Do you have any family in the area you could go to tonight? Sorry Im not much help hon,,,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I'm so sorry. I hope you have the money to get them professionally taken care of. That seems like your only way here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Thank you all the safest place in in my living room and that's putting it mildly but i am a clean person i dont know how this could have happened thank you all i think tomorrow i will see what i can do maybe the lanlord can do something if not i am out of here
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 1:37 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Believe me,,,we have all gone through this at one time or another,,in one apt or old run down rented house or even a brand new house,,,,I had water bugs then,,,,that was fun,,,,,,good times. We know you are clean and doing the best you can. It really depends on what is going on in the area,,,one roach turns into a million and they take over a whole complex very fast....:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Roaches are pest and they love to bred, EVERYWHERE. At the moment I would recomeend you all sleep together. Pick a room and start moving and shaking out EVERYTHING. Kill as many as you can. If you can document them. PICTURES as many as you can. If you have a cell phone take pics and send them to your emal to ensure they do not get deleted. Call the lanlord... scratch that, go down there, first thing in the morning. Make your lanlord aware of the pest problem. Tell him/her if nothing is done you will report them and take all documentation to a lawyer. Also if you can kill some and collect them into a box or jar and take it to them. Place it on thier desk in the office. Harrass them until they do thier job. Check your lease agreement, there should be a clause for this. Good luck!!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:14 AM on May. 14, 2010