TMI: Cramps worse than the worst menstrual cramps out of nowhere, what could it be!?

(WARNING TMI) All week I have been nauseous & dizzy. Figured I had the flu, but also got scared I was pregnant (12 tests said otherwise plus I have an IUD - but I get paranoid). Anyway, then about a half hour ago I was mid-poop when I got these intense cramps. They have escalated & now I am cramping worse than my worst menstrual cramps! It shouldn't be my period, that stopped a month ago which I think is because of my IUD (they said that might happen), plus there is no blood or anything. Is there a reason for this that anyone knows about? Any suggestions? Could it be related to the constant nausea? Our local ER just wants you in & out...if I am going to go in I would much rather go with some idea or something of what it MIGHT be so I can ask them or bring it up or have an idea of what the hell is going on...!! But it REALLY REALLY hurts!

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 1:28 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Health

• Have you called your doctor? I don't know how your doctor handles calls after hours, but mine has an answering service that take messages and passes them onto the OBGYN. If the pain continues or intensifies, if it were me, I would go to the ER.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:32 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Are you feeling chills or hot flashes with it? If so it could be a bowel obstruction or gall bladder attack.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on May. 14, 2010

• No after hours because I go through a local clinic instead of a private practice. They just have a recording that says when their office hours are. No chills or fever, & it can't be my gallbladder since I had that removed in February. I'm definitely planning on going to the ER, even if they subside, I was just looking for ideas to bring up while I'm there so they don't just take my BP & give me a pain killer like they used to when I had GB attacks.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:40 AM on May. 14, 2010