What are your reasons for spanking...

i posted a question about my two year old and her refusing time out and was asking advice on what works for other moms and one person said to slap my child on the leg when she hits me. Is that not just going to make her think if she hits me she is going to get hit. A two year old has no way to understand why a mother is hitting them. It seems really said to know that parents hit there toddlers. Well the question is if you spank your child why do you think this works? Have you ever thought about what you child thinks and why there mom is hurting them? Why do you think inflicting pain is going to make you child mind you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on May. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, my kids are grown and adults now, but I did spank them when they were little. Usually it was just a swat on the diaper. Even with that, they get the idea that you mean business. I did not, and still do not believe that a child should ever boss his parents, disrespect nor talk back. It's my policy. So, yes, if it takes a swat on the butt, that is what I would do.
    Anonymous