Why do some people have children and then complain?

Complain about the baby wanting to be held constantly, or not sleeping long enough at night, or how they can't get a full nights sleep, yet they are sitting on the computer late at night. Complain about how they can't get their house cleaned like they would like it to be...

I do not understand this. OF COURSE you can't do all of this, its a newborn baby! They change EVERY aspect of your life! A baby isn't something you can have fun with and then put away when the goin gets rough. You have to take the good times with the bad always!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why are some people not able to be sympathetic, or empathetic, to other mothers? Why don’t some moms understand that not all moms have the same coping mechanisms that they do? Why do some moms condemn other moms when they admit they are having a tough time, or are going through a rough spot? Why do some moms insist on projecting a “super mom” image even though that went out of style ten years ago? Why can’t some moms understand that another mom being tired and reaching out for support to get them through is a good thing? WHY? WHY? WHY must we be so judgmental and so cold to our fellow Mothers.

Shouldn’t we instead be lifting their spirit and be their virtual cheer leaders? A kind word, and a “this too shall pass” may just be what they need to hear. Instead they get put down. That is sad!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Bc we as moms set up all these false expectations, the kids & the house & the yard & the dog & the dinner & the etc have to be PERFECT. We feel (& rightfully so) that others are judging us when we can't do it all. Some of us aren't super moms that can handle a newborn & all the rest of the stuff but we feel like & are pressured by others to make sure its all done. When my dd was born, 1 now, my house fell apart for a while. I finally had to come to the understanding w/ myself that either ppl that loved me were gonna see the mess when they came over or they just weren't gonna come @ all. For awhile I didn't have ppl over bc I was embarrassed that I couldn't keep up then I stopped caring. If they love me & are here to see my kid then it shouldn't matter if the dishes weren't done. Thankfully as they get older & start doing more on their own it gets easier & we get more done.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:23 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I don't think I can say it any better then the 2 pp. sooo.... ;)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:42 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Not even the super Moms can do it all. ( supposedly I'm one but I don't see it, so I've been told by other mothers around me) Lack of sleep can cause oh so much stress. So we need to vent, and know that we are not alone. The best thing is if you know of a Mom with a new baby go over for an hour. Not to visit but to help. Do a load of laundry, catch up on her dishes, dusting sweeping, whatever you see that needs to be done. While you're at it take a casserole. Don't do this just at the first month the baby is home. Do this through out the year every once in a while. Especially if she has other young ones. And Moms take the help, don't feel guilty you are raising the next generation and they need you.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:56 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I wonder where new moms get the expectation that babies should sleep through the night. I think that many of the very young ones think that they are getting a doll to dress up, or a little playmate.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:59 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Why do some people ask such pointless questions?
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 8:03 AM on May. 14, 2010

• "Why are some people not able to be sympathetic, or empathetic, to other mothers? Why don’t some moms understand that not all moms have the same coping mechanisms that they do? Why do some moms condemn other moms when they admit they are having a tough time, or are going through a rough spot? Why do some moms insist on projecting a “super mom” image even though that went out of style ten years ago? Why can’t some moms understand that another mom being tired and reaching out for support to get them through is a good thing? WHY? WHY? WHY must we be so judgmental and so cold to our fellow Mothers.

Shouldn’t we instead be lifting their spirit and be their virtual cheer leaders? A kind word, and a “this too shall pass” may just be what they need to hear. Instead they get put down. That is sad! "

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better!
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 8:06 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Get over yourself and your 'better than thou' attitude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I think it's every mother's right to vent at times. It doesn't make her a bad mother or less of a mother, it's just human nature, exhaustion, frustration. At least they are venting on the internet rather than taking it out on their children.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:31 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Because it is human nature to complain.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:39 AM on May. 14, 2010