Do you think 4 is too young for a birthday party?

Amanda will turn 4 in July, we are debating having a party. Problem is no room, so we will have it at a park. We will invite her preschool friends. Too much too soon?

jekr433

Asked by jekr433 at 6:29 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Depends on your child as to what would be "too much". We did Chucky Cheese for my son when he turned 4. THAT was too much for me!! It was crazy with all the kids and noise, but my son actually loved it. He asked yesterday (it was his 5th B-Day) if we were going to chucky cheese again.

For his third B-Day we had a party at the park. It was pretty laid back. We only invited a couple kids and their parents.

For his 2nd and 1st parties, we just had family parties at home.

-unfortunately with a July B-Day, your unlikely to get many, if any, school friends to attend unless you are also friends with their parents.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:02 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I think a party at the park will be great. Less clean up! Make sure you are by a playscape so the kids can go and play. Make sure you have enough help to watch them. Be sure to give the invations before school lets out. Have fun!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:42 AM on May. 14, 2010

• The rule of thumb is one child per year of age, plus one. So invite five friends, and have a gas!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:59 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Absolutely not, people have parties for their 1 year olds lol Although it is usually more of a party for others to enjoy rather than the 1 year old. But still your celebrating the birthday either way. I think having a party at the park is a great idea =) I would just make sure not to invite too many people. At that age just having a few friends around is plenty.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:28 AM on May. 14, 2010

• OP you had this question before on May 11th.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on May. 14, 2010

• "OP you had this question before on May 11th."

LOL, at first I thought it was kinda petty of you to point that out, but looking back, that Q had 40 answers. I guess OP needs more than 40 answers to decide whether or not SHE is ready to throw a B-Day party. Wow. Good Luck OP!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Here are some great answers that should help you decide: http://www.cafemom.com/answers/415033/Is_4_years_too_young_to_have_a_birthday_party

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 14, 2010

• My son will be 4 years old tomorrow and we're having his birthday party in the park!
    Ashley728

Answer by Ashley728 at 9:30 AM on May. 14, 2010

• not at all! i had my dd's 1st bday at my mil's, her 2nd and 3rd at the park and for her 4th it will be at pump it up
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:44 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Get 40 bucks and go to walmart. Have a blast
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:47 AM on May. 14, 2010