to those that buy off ebay

what is paypal how do you do it? Also do you have to pay for it first before they will send it out? I accidently hit buy it now and it was something I didn't want so I clicked out of it, but got a email thanking me for buying it, but I didn't pay for it and want to make sure they aren't going to like send them to me lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• "but got a email thanking me for buying it, but I didn't pay for it and want to make sure they aren't going to like send them to me lol."

For that, you'll have to retract your bid (or something like that) and contact the seller explaining that you made a mistake. I wouldn't just ignore it because you can be flagged as a non paying bidder. You don't really want that on your feedback record. Plus, if you get flagged to many times for stuff like that, ebay will suspend your account.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:11 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Paypal is like a bank account online. You put money into it and can use it to buy stuff online where you would not want to give your credit card number or whatever. You can also receive money into your Paypal account when you sell things or complete offers online that have a payment.

You should not receive the shipment, because payment is nearly always required before they send anything.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:00 AM on May. 14, 2010

• how do I put payment into paypal?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I've been using pay pal for years... I've never had any problems with it and I would recommend it to friends. As afr as how do you add funds... Pay pal has several different options for payment. Go to their website and look under the FAQs more more understanding on the different ways you can use pay pal. I have mine connected to my checking account. When I buy something, it drafts my checking just like when I use my bank card. For deposits (when I sell) it direct deposits into my account in just a day or two after I request the funds be moved from my pay pal account.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:09 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Oh dear... according to ebay, you are committed to buy-it-now purchases. It says "You cannot retract a purchase made through a Buy It Now listing. Once you confirm your purchase, you are obligated to pay the seller."  and there are only certain circumstances that you are able to retract bids.

Here is the page I got that from: http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-retract.html

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:19 AM on May. 14, 2010

• it's not "honest" but email the seller, tell them you accidentally left your ebay account open and your (enter age here) year old son/daughter accidentally clicked on a bunch of stuff and bought a couple things. you didn't even know about it until you received their email, blah blah blah. so sorry for the inconvenience, please cancel my bid, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Yea unfortunately once you hit buy it now you are committed to buying the item, but you can always try to contact the seller and see if they will give you a break on it. This happened to me once long ago when I 1st started using eBay and luckily the seller was really nice about it. Paypal is more of a "safer" way to purchase things online. You can list your credit card info there so that you do not have to type it in yourself, so when you make purchases Paypal handles your transactions. Another way you can do it is to link your bank acct to your paypal account. This is most useful when your selling things online because you can transfer the money you make into your bank acct.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:25 AM on May. 14, 2010