Are these uterine spasms in early pregnancy?

We have been ttc since Jan 2009. Yesterday throughout the day, and last night especially, I noticed I was having some weird spasms in my lower ab region. It felt like my uterus was twitching, like an eye twitch. It was continuous for a several minutes, then would stop for a bit, then start right up again. I know it's not fetal movement, way too early. But could this be because I did get pregnant this month? I don't remember how I felt when I was pg with DS. Yesterday I was on cycle day 24, 9dpo. Let me know what you think!

melissa920

Asked by melissa920 at 8:30 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I haven't really heard of it being a sign of pregnancy but I guess anything is possible. Are you sure it wasn't gas?? If your 9DPO you can test soon and find out =) Wish you the best of luck!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:41 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Thanks Ctink8189! I won't rule out gas. Dh thinks gas too. (tmi) I tend to be a more gassy person, and I don't remember feeling anything like this and have it be gas. To me it was definitely a muscle spasm. It felt exactly like that anyway. I get twitches in my eye all the time and it was the same feeling. I just don't want to get my hopes up and have another let down this month. :(
    melissa920

Answer by melissa920 at 9:04 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Pretty sure it wasn't gas and I know I am not pregnant. :(
    melissa920

Answer by melissa920 at 9:16 PM on May. 17, 2010