how would you react if your hubby almost cost himself his job?

so my hubby has been on a rant the past year about how much he hates his job (hes the manager of a fast food rest.), how he would rather be a regular employee than a manager bc it was a lot of work and a lot of stress. and he has been really unmotivated and what not, and hates having to go in period, so he just got in trouble and could have lost his job bc he was adding on extra hours on his payroll totaling to about 30 hours in the past 2 months and he has to pay it all back. also his overall performance sucked since he didnt care about the job anymore, but they gave him another chance, but i couldnt be mad bc he HATES the job and i know the only reason hes still there is so that i can stay home with the baby. i thought it was stupid but i didnt get all on his case, but should i try to help him focus on work or should i let him follow his heart which may lead him away from this higher paying job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why isn't he job hunting?

Why does he have to work and why do you get to stay home? Maybe now would be a great time for you to resume your career and let him stay home for a while.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 AM on May. 14, 2010

• If it had been my Husband and this job was your main source of income I would be PISSED! If he hates his job so much he should look for a new one like any other responsible person would instead of sabotaging himself and his family. He is not a teenager he is an adult with a wife and a BABY to provide for. Your Husband sounds like he seriously needs to grow up. I hated my job and use to literally throw up before I went into to work, you know what I did? I made the situation better and the job got better and if it the new attitude didn't work I was going to look for another job (and actually did, but things got better).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Oh and what he did is THEFT! He is damn lucky the company is not going after him legally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on May. 14, 2010

• he should be grateful they didn't fire him for theft and giving him another chance. If he hates his job that much then he shoould be out looking for another one and sucking up his current job until he finds work. Its his fault he's still there. Sorry.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:25 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I would be highly upset. Alot of people hate their jobs to some extent, but they continue to do it because it needs to be done in order to live and provide for their families. If he is unhappy, then he needs to be looking elsewhere, but at the same time he needs to stay in good graces with his current job and be thankful for the paychecks he has coming in. There are alot of people out of work right now who would kill to be in his shoes!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:43 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I think he hates being the sole provider and having all the responsibility to provide on his shoulders.  Help him out by you looking for work.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 14, 2010

• he needs to grow up. if he hates his job, instead of complaining, he needs to do domething about it. get a higher paying job, go to school, or something. seriously, this is the real world and once you have kids YOU no longer matter, it is about THEM.
    kgsharber

Answer by kgsharber at 9:55 AM on May. 14, 2010

• He needs to grow some balls.its not all about him anymore.How selfish of him to do those shitty things.
    AND HOW will you get a JOB if HE doesnt make enough to pay for daycare.Some people have no brains when they think they have the smartest plan in the world. You cant just jump out and get a JOB people if you havent worked in a while..You have to THINK things through.DAYCARE is not cheap,the mother MAY not be able to get a much better JOB them hubby,BOTH working could do more HARM then good.

BUT in your case hon..I would be leaving the guy.Im sorry but a man is NOT a man to be acting like that.WHAT if they sent him to jail?He needs to grow the hell up.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:06 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I'd be really mad. He needs to begin looking for a new, better job so he has something lined up if he gets fired. A lot of people hate their jobs. They go every day to support their families. Until he finds something new and better he needs to stick it out for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't be mad although a little disappointed he would add on hours he didn't earn. I would help him find another job.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:19 AM on May. 14, 2010