Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice...whether or not I need to see a dr. about my period problem.

Sorry, I know this is gross but I need some advice. I don't have anyone else I can ask about this. I'd appreciate any input. I am bleeding VERY hard along with really large clots. I am using a super plus tampon and maxi pad and having to change them hourly and still bleeding through. Do I need to see a doctor?


Asked by Sue41 at 8:44 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Health

Level 11 (558 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Yes you need to see a doctor.  That sounds exactly like me when I had my fibroids.  You need drugs (or in the worst case surgery) to stop the bleeding or you will get severely anemic.


    Answer by beeky at 11:56 AM on May. 14, 2010

  • i would definitely call them. is that how your periods are every month? or is this a one time thing?

    Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 8:48 AM on May. 14, 2010

  • If this lasts more than a few hours, you should contact your doctor.

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 AM on May. 14, 2010

  • Yes. If you soak a pad or tampon an hour and/or have large clotting, it's time to see a doctor.

    Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:37 AM on May. 14, 2010