My BF DD dosent like milk. What do I do?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 8:52 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she doesn't like your breast milk, or she doesn't like cow milk?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:06 AM on May. 14, 2010

• confused ??????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Just make sure she is getting enough calcium from other sources. Here is a list of foods with calcium and vitamin D: http://www.bestbonesforever.gov/whatsbest/calcium/

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:07 AM on May. 14, 2010

• "she doesn't like your breast milk, or she doesn't like cow milk?"

LOL, breastfed! I should have known that! At first I read the question as My BF (boy friend's) DD....
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:08 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Your profile says you have no children, but have a baby due this month. Give us more details. How old is your baby? Do you mean cow's milk? How long do you plan to BF? BF babies do not NEED cow's milk, so if you're willing to continue BFing, there's no problem. A baby shouldn't drink cow's milk before 1 yr old.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:21 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I agree that this is a little confusing but if you breastfeed it could be something you are eating that is making it have a taste your DD doesn't like. Like spicy foods etc. Plus as a pp said if your child is older and gets calcium other ways or takes a daily multivitamin cows milk is not necessary. I heard this from both my sons pediatrician and my Dr. Alot of people even think this is just something the milk industry started to sell there product. Some Drs. still say drink milk but if your child eats a balance diet it isn't a problem. As my sons pediatrician told me we are one of the only countries who continue drinking milk after breastfeeding is done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Her profile says she has 2 children. im assuming the 1 year old is her Step DD and she gave birth not that long ago"Its may and the child could have been early.
    If your BFing change what your eating.YOU can NOT eat whatever you want when you breastfeed.No tomatoes,lettuce is no good either,chocolate,salsa,CRAP foods.It could be all those typers of foods or just one.So take the time to find a book and PLEASE PLEASE educate yourself.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:55 AM on May. 14, 2010

• You can eat lettuce and tomatoes while BFing. I eat a ton of salad and have BF 3 kids. I also eat a lot of cooked tomatoes. Common foods that do irritate baby in BM are: broccoli, cabage, and beans (can cause excess gas), chocolate, too much garlic, and sometimes raw dairy products. Most babies can handle anything you ate while pregnant. My 3 were sensitive to Mexican food until about 4 months old. I stayed away from gassy foods just in case. I eat a lot of garlic, so they were used to it and didn't mind it in my milk.

I'm still not sure if this mom means the newborn and her breast milk or the 1 year old and cow's milk. I'm looking forward to her clarifying things.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:31 AM on May. 14, 2010

• My BF DD will only drink water. I have to give her yogurt, cheese, beans, oatmeal. Quick meal: make some whole wheat pasta and mix in some cottage cheese while the pasta is still hot...you can even add some broccoli for more calcium.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:45 AM on May. 14, 2010

• She doesn't need milk, if she's getting your milk still. Give her other sources of calcium, such as spinach, cheese, yogurt, etc. You can also try vitamin-fortified soy milk, which is what my son prefers. He doesn't like milk, either. I do what I can to give him other calcium rich foods.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:56 AM on May. 16, 2010