Does my asking questions about your religion, cause you to question your faith?

And if it does, do you get annoyed with me (or any other person) asking the questions?
Do you have a problem with others questioning your religion....or only when the questions make you feel uncomfortable and make you question your faith?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 9:19 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. Nothing you say would make me question my faith.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:22 AM on May. 14, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 9:25 AM on May. 14, 2010

• nope. why would it?
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:26 AM on May. 14, 2010

• No, not at all. I will say that many questions asked here have sparked my own research on a topic but it has always resulted in greater faith and understanding. I think this forum has helped me see the perspectives of others so I am better equipped to answer questions of people I encounter in my day to day life.

What about you? Has any responses here ever had you questioning your stance?

deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:27 AM on May. 14, 2010

• "What about you? Has any responses here ever had you questioning your stance?"

No it has never made me question my own beliefs....in fact more times than not I walk away feeling even more confident in what I do believe in.
    Forums like this however, help me to see other POV's on their religions and I can better understand how others feel about their beliefs.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:31 AM on May. 14, 2010

• No, asking a question regarding my beliefs no not rattle me.... I will be happy to answer any as long as "I" know the answer, and If "I" don't "I" find it or direct you to a good source for it...
    It is always good to ask a question regardless of it's nature, it is the ONLY way to learn...
    Actually the more I have read here and learned IRL has only assured me that my chosen path is Right for me and is MY Truth...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:32 AM on May. 14, 2010

• "nope. why would it? "

I have no idea; hence my question. Just had an anon reply to another one of my questions, getting pissy and telling me it's not my job to "question their faith". I didn't know I could cause another to question their faith by asking questions LOL! I thought faith was personal; I question religion....not faith.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:33 AM on May. 14, 2010

• No, I don't think there is anything anyone could say to question someone's faith if their faith was strong. The same could also be said when the roles are reversed. I cannot even count how many times someone has started a debate to prove to others that God is real, or that they should believe. Everyone has their own set of beliefs and that is the way it will always be.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:39 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Sahmamax2... I have learned that some ppl are not yet too stable in their own beliefs (no matter what they are or are not) and when questions (such as your last post which I read...good ?) are asked, 1. some still can not comprehend that another has any reason to doubt Christianity Period! or 2. They are not comfortable bc your question has caused them to question, bc they are not completely stable within their own beliefs... and may be to afraid to search it out... JMO....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:40 AM on May. 14, 2010

• usually it makes me feel stronger in my beliefs. i love to learn new points of view, and find insight into other ways of thinking. my beliefs contantly change and evolve, but my faith never waivers. there is a huge difference to me between beliefs and faith. something you believe can change, but faith has no doubts, and is something you know. it takes a while for any of my beliefs to become a part of my faith, and to be questioned usually just helps me to feel im on the right path!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 9:41 AM on May. 14, 2010