Clingy Toddler

My 17 mo. DD has recently become clingy. I recently became a SAHM and I've noticed that my DD isn't as independent as she use to be. She was always exploring and could be found in any given room at any time but now she stays in the same room or will follows me around. I'm sure us spending more time together has something to do with it. Did anyone else have this issue when they transitioned??

HopeF1977

Asked by HopeF1977 at 10:01 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she might jsut be scared you're going to leave..give her a little time and she'll be fine :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:02 AM on May. 14, 2010

• It's probably more about a developmental phase than about the shift in your routine... both my girls started a wave of separation anxiety around this age... I think they usually say 18 months, but it varies. These come and go, nothing to worry about. I'd just be glad you're there for her through it. I wouldn't worry that you're hindering her independence.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:41 AM on May. 14, 2010