Question for Christian Moms about birth control...

I am currently on the pill. I feel slightly uncomfortable taking it, but I can't afford another child. I have no idea what I should do. Do you take birth control, and do you feel like you are doing something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• well i know baptist and catholics have 2 different views on it and as a baptist i see nothing wrong with it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:22 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I don't take hormonal birth control, because if it fails to stop ovulation it can cause you to abort a fertilized egg rather than allowing it to implant. I practice FAM (Fertility Awareness Method), when used correctly it is very effective.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:28 AM on May. 14, 2010

• The only birth control that is 100% effective is abstinence. So I feel like if God truly wants you to have a baby he can certainly work around the birth control. We use condoms as I do not like the effects of hormonal birth control. I don't think I am doing anything wrong. I don't think have a house insanely full of kids that I am losing my mind and we can't afford them is honoring to God in anyway.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:32 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I am Catholic and I used birth control. I respect where the church is coming from, but I honestly believe the Lord would rather me be able to feed and shelter my children. This is just an area where I disagree with my church. If it is really an issue with the Lord, I suppose I will have to deal with it when I face my judgement.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:35 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I do believe that birth control is a sin, i put my life in gods hands and he will give us a child when and he thinks we are ready and won't give us one when he doesn't. Me and my husband have not used any method of birth control for two years and just found out we are a expecting second child. Ironicly it was at just the right time for us, you know why? Because I put my life in Gods hands and he provides me things when the time is right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I have an IUD. Here's the deal... no method of birth control (except abstinence) is 100% effective. If God wanted you to have another child he would bypass the 99% and bump that baby into the 1%. Birth control isn't killing anything, it is only preventing sperm and egg from meeting. That isn't life. Its like trying to say that you planted a garden with just dirt and no seeds. Most likely, nothing will grow, unless a random seed comes a long (1%). God is only upset at KILLING life, he never commanded against preventing life. He understands we have to be able to CARE for our children.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:02 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I am not using birth control. I am still uneasy about not using it because we cannot afford another child either. I would talk to your husband about your feelings and then if you need to talk to your pastor about this. I would also pray about it too. I know that this answer probably didn't help much, but I am more then willing to talk to you about this privately. Like I said, this is something that I struggle with as well.
    trelmix

Answer by trelmix at 11:17 AM on May. 14, 2010

• The pill stops ovulation. You are not killing a baby, there is no conception. I personally don't think that every egg was meant to be a child. God gave women many more eggs than will ever be used in our lifetime. And I am certain that God would want us to make wise choices about procreation.
    Anonymous

• Yahweh is known for opening and closing wombs. I prayed for him to close mine according to his will. Since I prayed for it is was in his will. Otherwise the thought would have never crossed my mind. Blessings...
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 2:01 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I'm Catholic. I have taken birth control in the past. I started to have a lot of guilt about it and we started using NFP. Best thing we ever did :)
    joceangel

Answer by joceangel at 4:16 PM on May. 14, 2010