How Would You Feel about the Government Taking your Pension and 401K?

www.retirementusa.org

Pay close attention to who is sponsoring this takeover.

360

Asked by 360 at 10:24 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 360

Answer by 360 at 10:25 AM on May. 14, 2010

• apparently I don't see what you see... who do you think is sponsoring this takeover? And is it really a "take over" per say.

Retirement USA™ is the most comprehensive ‘user friendly’ online informational directory in the universe where individuals can find complete solutions for your lifestyle. Look for best places to retire, active adult communities, senior living, retirement communities, retirement homes, long term care, golf communities, R.V. living and comprehensive taxes by State.

That is from their web site. Please show me the "take over" and "who is behind it"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I invested mine and nobody can get to it or take it away. You can protect yours too.
    Paranoid much? I don't know where these rumors come from and how normally intelligent people believe them,.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on May. 14, 2010

• anon 10:28 here, I've looked all over the site and all I can find is helpful information and links. I've never seen such a comprehensive list of retirement communities on one site before! That's pretty cool. I can not find any where to sign up, or anything that says you have to pay to use the site. So, I still don't understand your whole "take over" theory.

Come back OP and explain what you see. Is there some big conspiracy theory here and I'm just over looking it? I don't get it at all... maybe I'm dense?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 14, 2010

• OP, I know what you are talking about. I can't click your link, but I suspect it isn't going to the story.

I read a story about this..Wall Street Journal I think. It is worrisome, but it would give the govt a huge infustion of cash!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:44 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Disclaimer

The content on this site, including news, data, and all other information, is provided by Retirement USA™ and its third party providers for your personal information only. Retirement USA™ does not make any recommendations regarding particular financial instruments, investments, taxes, legal, products, or services. Neither Retirement USA™ nor its third party content providers shall be liable for any errors, inaccuracies or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. Retirement USA™ site may point you to other Internet sites that may be of interest to you. Retirement USA™ does not endorse or take responsibility for the views or opinions given by third party content providers

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 14, 2010

• OK, I get it now. I did a google search. Your link should have been: http://www.retirement-usa.org/

You gave us the wrong link. Some one should tell retirementusa.org that they should change thier name.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on May. 14, 2010

• http://www.businessweek.com/investor/content/jan2010/pi2010018_130737.htm

Sorry! It was Business Week.  I don't like annuities for many reasons.  I have a degree in finance and spent quite a few years as a Trust Officer in a bank.  We never used annuities for our trust accounts.

The thought of this may not look so bad on the surface, but underneath it is a wreck.  Think of the Social Security mess on steroids.  I am not trying to be an alarmist either.  Do some good research on annuities..getting past the part where they tell you that there is a check until you die.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:02 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Anonymous

• We pulled both our accounts before Obama took office, and before we were officially 'retired'. It came down to a choice of giving up the interest in exchange for having the money secure. It's secure. We now add to it from both the retirement and disability payments each month. No interest ~ no tax or early withdrawal penaties if we use any or need any.

I guess that does make us 'paranoid'. Neither one of knows enough about (or cares to learn) hiding the money within investments. Neither of us will ever consider giving someone else control of our ready cash 'secure'. They can't take what they don't know about.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:41 PM on May. 14, 2010