Individual frozen HEALTHY meal ideas?

I am a single mom and by the time I pick DD up after work from her dad's, she has already eaten. So, I need some ideas that don't involve a lot of clean up or time. Some of the frozen ones have a LOT of calories and sodium. Ideas?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:35 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cook on the weekends. Make a pan of lasagna, cool and cut into meal sized porttions. Wrap in wax paper (can safely go in the microwave), put in a big zipper bag in the freezer. I have a great bean and sweet potato burrito recipe that freezes really well.

Cook pasta at night; it can be heated in the microwave with some jarred marinara sauce, frozen broccoli, shredded cheese.

Buy bags of prewashed lettuce. Add cheese, nuts, dried cranberries, chopped egg, whatever you have around.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:50 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I was watching something the other day about using those frozen Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine meals and the nutritionist I was watching said they were fine to use occasionally but you should either start with a large salad, or add a small bag of frozen cooked veggies with the meal (mix them in with the sauce already in the meal) since they usually skimp on the veggies in those meals.
    I used to make a baked spaghetti on the weekends when my oldest was a baby and I would eat on that all week (my ex worked out of town, so it was just me).

Answer by missanc at 1:11 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Make your own meals and freeze individual servings. Keep bagged salads on hand and you should have a decent meal in no time.
    Anonymous