Does anyone know how long it takes to receive child support from a tax refund??

melinda9403

Asked by melinda9403 at 10:37 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Mine was credited to my child support account, BUT, it takes 37 days to process( to be deposited into my bank). I'm in MO, so you may want to call and ask if you aren't. It's been the same every yr for me, and I called to be sure and they said the same thing this yr.. He's still 2000.00 behind, even with the credit, but I have to wait. Oh well I never count on it anyway.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:47 AM on May. 14, 2010

• State they don't hold and federal they will hold for 60 days unless he is remarried then they will hold it for 6 months so the wife can file an injured spouse claim.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 10:47 AM on May. 14, 2010

• usually get mine a couple of months after i get my tax return which doesn't tell how long it was held for but just that they didn't file as soon as i did. anything past 90 days would worry me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:39 PM on May. 14, 2010