DD rolls over BUT.....

DD is 6 months and she'll roll from front to back just fine, HOWEVER, when she rolls from back to tummy she always, always gets her arm trapped under her. I give her a minute to see if she can get it and if not I do it for her. But is that normal? Its wierd I have 3 other kids and I dont remember them doing this. Should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal. She'll figure it out on her own. All the things we take for granted (like rolling over) is a really complex set of movements! Once she develops the muscle strength and coordination it will be fine. One minute she won't be able to and the next minute she'll will.

Unless she is fussing (and she'll tell you) leave her arm stuck. It won't hurt her and will give her the opportunity to work on it.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:29 PM on May. 14, 2010

• She will get it my DD was the way she always had a problem getting from back to tummy one day she will get it and you will not have to help anymore. I always did the same thing to help her.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:02 AM on May. 14, 2010

• my nephew will be 2 in July he achually didn't crawl until like 9 or 10 months, sit up was about 8 months, he wouldn't hold his head or body up until 6 months, he didn't roll over until 8 months, he didn't pull himself up until 12 or 13 months he didn't walk until almost 18 months and he is very active now I think it depends on the child and how much down time they get
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:03 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Give her a little more time. If she can't then just keep correcting and if she does not learn how talk to the doc on the next visit. She should have another at 8 months. That is really not that long to wait and it does not sound like to big of a worry.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 11:03 AM on May. 14, 2010

• my son did that until he was about 7 months, hes 8 months and he pops right over with no problem now! good luck!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:08 AM on May. 16, 2010