dog bite

my friends dog got loose(a mutt)it nipped a neighborhood girls leg a little....the parents are now suing... i didnt know you could over something like that.they said they were going to get them on there home owners policy.... does any one know about this...(this is just why we are putting our house on the market)the thing is they said we will pay for the drs bill and anything else... the family said she is fine dont worry about it... then last night bam they got a supina...i am also going to add that this dog was not a german shephard or a pitt bull or any of the strong breeds

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think some people blow things out of proportion. If they were will to pay for everything then at least they are trying to help. I really really hope that pet was updated on vaccines?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 14, 2010

• it is all up to date... it is a nice dog and a nice family....the family that is suing i must say are real jerks...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on May. 14, 2010

• well honestly.... if some dog bit one of my kids ( even if it was a tiny dog) ....to where I had some sort of medical bill ( which i would because I would want to make sure the dog didnt pass something on) ... and if they refused to pay for that bill - I would probably take it to small claims court ..... its not my fault that THEIR dog was out and bit my child.... and I am not a jerk...just a responsibly parent...also if one of my dogs got out and did the same, I would definatly pay for the medical bill, no questions asked.

I mean of course if the dog was tied up or fenced in the owners yard and the girl was teasing it or something, then that is different...

you dont know the damage that a dog can do -- my MIL was visiting and my friends small dog was here, scratched her leg...and her leg completely swelled up and it did all kinds of damage to her leg and foot ( the swelling and infection) - she had to have surgery.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:24 AM on May. 14, 2010

• also at my husbands law firm atleast once or twice a month they get people suing over dog bits 99% of the time, the victim wins and alot of times they even get "emotional distress" money because the dog owners "put up a fight" ...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:26 AM on May. 14, 2010

• As a pet owner you are responsible for what the pet does. They can be sued on their home owners policy or even personally if they don't have insurance. Sorry but they need to keep a better eye on their dog. My SIL brought her damn dog to our house a cocker spaniel and it bit my daughter in the face just for standing there, 5 stitches and a scarred face. Be a responsible pet owner!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 14, 2010

• anon: 32 -- the reminds me of when I was younger ( teens) my bf's little sister was bit in the face by a neighbors dog -- had to have like 12 stiches and her face was basically disfigured.....and of course the neighbors didnt think they had to pay
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:35 AM on May. 14, 2010

• OPOPOPshe offered to pay all med cost...they were very good about it and new there dog and them were wrong...i know i have a german shepherd and never take my eye off her. she has never bitten but i know she might. she is protective of me...our neighbors min. schnauzer has bitten a couple of times.also gets into dog fights with big dogs.. let me say again this is not my dog and i know it was wrong....but i know the people who are suing and its all about the benjamins....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on May. 14, 2010

• well it is alright if they are all about the money -- it is still your friends fault -- and if they ( the people suing) can proce that the dog has biten before -- they might even have to have him "put down" ...which they should or atleast give him away since they are not able to keep their eye on him....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:55 AM on May. 14, 2010

• So it's OK for dogs to bite little girls? I don't think so. I'd sue too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:35 PM on May. 14, 2010