Tomboy with a girlie girl, or other way around?

Is anyone else kind of tomboyish with a girlie girl, or a real girlie girl themselves with a tomboy daughter? I have worn a dress three times since I was 17. Once to the prom I didn't want to attend, at my wedding (with jeans on underneath!), and once to a funeral. I don't wear any makeup, just chapstick, I just run my fingers through my hair and put it back in a ponytail when I get up, do good to remember to brush it. Kiwi wears dresses and skirts more than pants or shorts, loves her "heels", would put makeup on everyday if I would let her, and changes her earrings every morning to match her clothes for the day. Today she's wearing her "princess" dress she got for her birthday, long, pink, several layers, just in case we go somewhere, so she can look "beautiful, and oh so pretty" as she says! She wants to do cheerleading or dance because those are the only sports they will let her wear a dress!

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 11:09 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am a complete tomboy, so far my daughter is leaning toward being a girly girl, but she also has a tomboy streak. I don't know how she'll turn out, but I bet she'll be a girly girl.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 1:10 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I haven't wore makeup in years my hair is up everyday just about. My DD is not me and if she wants to wear something that makes her feel pretty then that is fine with me. So what is the big deal here i am not understanding your problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Oh, it's not a problem! I never said it was a problem. I was just wondering if anyone else has kids who are so opposite of them. I love Kiwi, girlie times and all. She's been picking her own clothes out, from the stores and in the morning to get dressed, since she was 2, and as long as it covers the appropriate body parts, and is okay with the days weather, I don't care what she wears. It's very interesting to see what she will put together. I was just curious about other low maintenance moms with young daughters who take longer than them to get ready for the day.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:29 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Me and my daughter are pretty girly looking ( we still play in mud, dig up bugs, ride tractors etc. lol) ....... but I wear makeup and do my hair everyday, i love getting dressed up, and my favorite colors are pink, purlple, and yellow..and my daughter is the exact same ( except she doesnt wear makeup everyday....but alot of times she puts on her " little girl makeup"......but my SIL is like you I have never seen her in anything girly - everyday she wears football jerseys, hair in ponytail, etc..... and her daughter is also a tomboy lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:47 AM on May. 14, 2010

• my daughter is a lil of both, she prefers playin with cars beatin up her older brothers playin with snakes, all the while she is in a dress with pretty pink nails, and she likes to get into my make up. but she hates having her hair messed with. i never been a dress person and only wear make up on rare occasions, and im the one who got her into snakes, my husband hates them lol. we got a ball python my daughter just loves. my baby gurl is defiantly unique. i just know im gonna have problems with her in school for fighting, she will go up to her older brothers and just punch them and wrestle them to the floor with no reason other than she wants to rough house. she is 2.5 and the boys are 5 and 7.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:49 AM on May. 14, 2010