OMG please tell me someone was watching The View ... Breastfeeding topic....

They were just discussing breastfeeding ... and I don't think I can watch this TV show anymore. You would think they might be a little more supportive of public breastfeeding. If you watched The View what do you think? If not what are your views on breastfeeding in public?

FYI they were discussing the upcoming episode of "What Would You Do?"... where actors harrass a woman breastfeeding in a restaurant to see public reactions...

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 11:14 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't watch the View, but I see nothing wrong with nursing in public. I didn't use a blanket, and I didn't "whip my boob out" for all to see. You don't need to when you're nursing. Maybe when you're first learning, but after getting the hang of it, you shouldn't need to make it a big deal. I didn't use a blanket for multiple reasons: 1. I didn't need one 2. if I had, my children would have pulled it off, and make it more of a hassle and more noticeable 3. why would I? Who wants to eat with a blanket over their head?

If men are looking at woman nursing and getting sexually excited...ewwww. That's on him. I am not starving my child or doing what I need to do because some guy is disgusting. No one is forcing anyone to watch.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:01 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I'm sure Elizabeth was only one who BF so it does not surprise me at all, but I don't watch that show ne-ways. I do plan to watch that show tonight though.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 11:19 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I was watching... seemed pretty neutral about it. They were just talking about the show that was going to air, not really taking a stance either way. I've heard them being supportive about it before. But, in this case they were talking about the show about to air and not really having a conversation about BF... which they could spend the whole hour on. ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:19 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Sherri talked about them as sexual objects ... and said that she didn't think any woman should just wip out her boob in public
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:27 AM on May. 14, 2010

• well alot of people do feel the way Sherri does and that is ok .....she probably feels as strongly about opposing it as you do supporting it

I personally dont care as long as it is covered up ...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:38 AM on May. 14, 2010

• ALL men think of boobs as sexual objects....unless they are Gay. So, if you breast feed in public,you will be stared at by men. It is just a fact. If t doesn't bother you, go for it.
    I didn't watch the View. I dislike that show. But I would choose to Breast feed in private as I always did.I don't show ANYONE my body....except DH and myDoctor. It is just a matter of preference and being `appropriate".
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:39 AM on May. 14, 2010

• it dosen't bother me as long as they are covered up
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:42 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I didn't see the show, although I am planning on watching the one tonight. Personally, I nurse in public - without a cover - on a regular basis, and have yet to "whip my boobs out" OR show anyone that shouldn't be seeing any part of my breast. Nursing CAN be done discreetly - even without covers.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:52 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Our of curiously TriffanyMarie what does your husband think of you not using a cover?

Anonymous

• Not infringing on the rights of others is important as well as the right to breastfeed so why not throw a receiving blanket or something over your shoulder? That covers everyone's rights and everyone is happy. It worked for me. No one even knew I was breastfeeding. I didn't make a display of it.
    Anonymous