Difficult BF......PIOG

I have to vent here because when I try to talk to those close to me about this issue, they always turn it back to their own probs lol. I'm a lil over 3 months preg with my BF who've I've been with for 5 months (this was def an 'oops', that I'm very happy about). Anyway, things have cooled so bad on his end; in every little way, he's put a lot of distance between us...I don't get calls or texts nearly as frequently as I did, he doesn't make and effort to see me during the week when I have my kids, and he's always trying to pick stupid fights with me, but he'll blame them on me and then hold the grudge for days! This has been going on for a few months now...really since I got preg. He says he's excited, and he makes a point to make it for every appointment, but that's where the support stops. Do we break up? Idk how to approach him with how I feel, but I'm realy @ my breaking point...shit or get off the pot-KWIM

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds to me as if your "BF" was looking for a nice warm place to stick his dick for three minutes about 5 months ago, doesn't really want to be a full-time parent, and isn't really all that into you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Sounds like he is no there but there when he has to be. I would lay it out on the line and if he doesn't want to hear you out then you can split up and see him at the doctor appointments and when you have the baby.

He sounds like a dead beat to me. Sorry you deserve better then a part-time BF.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 14, 2010

• anon 11:20, i'm over here laughing my ass off!!

but to the OP, anon 11:20 does have a point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Sorry but if you keep having babies with men you only know for a few months I would imagine he has doubts he wants to be a family with you. Not bashing, just listening to what you are saying and trying to see things through his eyes.
    Anonymous

• I think part of the problem is that you must have gotten pregnant after being together less than two months, so the relationship was just starting out and you were really just getting to know each other and now you are pregnant which changes everything. A few months into a new relationship you are still figuring out where it is heading, but once there is a baby on the way it is pretty much decided where things are heading. The honeymoon is over before it began, so to speak. So maybe he is feeling overwhelmed, or like everything now becomes about the baby and not about you two as a couple. Or maybe he just really didn't want any of this in the first place and he feels trapped so he is trying to do the right thing while sabotaging it at the same time. You really need to talk to him and see what he feels. It's better if you both figure it out now before the baby comes. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:23 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I'm the OP...1st poster-rough way to say it, but I get the point. It took a month before anything happened between us, so your assumption that it was 3 minutes & 5 months ago is a little off. To everyone else, I don't question his dedication to fatherhood-he's a lot more excited about having a baby then I let on. So, he is wanting to be a father? I honestly believe so-my problem is the relationship w us. I know he loves me but I'm also not stupid to think that after knowing someone a whopping 2 months before getting knocked up was a good idea, or that the situation I'm in isn't a result of it. The point of my question was advice on what to do with this. But I came to a conclusion, for now. A nice big 'break' for a while. Thanks for honest opinions, and the ones that jumped to rude conclusions
    Anonymous