Working moms- Do you work by choice or out of necessity?

What kind of job do you have? Just curious, not trying to start drama. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i work because i have to..in a single mom so i dont really have a choice...if i won the lottoor had millions then no i wouldnt work..i love being home with my daughter..as for my job, i work as a cashier in retail/sales..yipee! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:51 AM on May. 14, 2010

• By Choice. I am a Librarian at a college with a Master's and B.A. I always knew I'd be a working mom. It is hard, but it is important to me to keep my career and to show my daughter that you can have both a family and a career.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I will be working out of choice. Ill start my job at NY&Co soon.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:21 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I've done the SAHM thing for a year and I need to get out lol I'm going to start my Medical assisting job after my externship, then I plan to become a L&D nurse
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:25 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I have to work - I wouldn't make a great SAHM but I would love to do it if we could afford it.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:27 AM on May. 14, 2010

• A little bit of both! I NEED the contact out of the house or I go stir crazy!! I work PT as an Athletic Trainer (sports medicine professional) in a high school... I love it, but hate being away from the kids!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:27 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Currently I am a stay at home mom ( which i wouldnt change) ..... but then when my youngest goes to school I am going to cosmo. school and working at my aunts salon ( job already offered) ....and me and my husband already have it set up to where when the kids are out of school ( after school, sick days, summer) ....one of us will always be there with them.... so i think it will be great..... but I guess you could say I am going to work by choice, since I dont have to now - but I want to then....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:29 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I am a single parent so I have to work Im a glorified messenger boy,,lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I have been both. I was a SAHM for 4 years ( age2-6) enjoyed it very much. Then the ecconomy down turn effected our income very much. When DS started school, I headed back to work to insure my family finacialy. I dont really enjoy being back at work (in a casino) because of the diffrent hours and holidays that we work. But with the extra money, as the ecconomy comes back up, I hope to finish a degree and get a job with better hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 14, 2010

• I am both. I work from my home and wasn't happy with being on a budget.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:34 AM on May. 14, 2010