When do you start introducing cow's milk?

My son will be a year old on June 3rd.... should I be mixing cow's milk withi his formula?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 11:22 AM on May. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started my son on cow's milk 2 days before his birthday. And I didnt mix it.
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 11:30 AM on May. 14, 2010

• at about a year old your suppose to stop the formula and start the cows milk... my pedi. told me not to mix them or do like one bottle formula, then the next milk --- you just basically stop formula "cold turkey" and then start milk .......Both of mine started at 11 1 /2 months and are both healthy
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:30 AM on May. 14, 2010

• No need to rush it. You can wait a few more weeks. The recommendation is one year of age. If it were me I'd use up the rest of the formula first then go to whole milk.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:31 AM on May. 14, 2010

• ok, thanks ladies!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:34 AM on May. 14, 2010

• Never did. I had a human baby. Cow milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn’t digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 AM on May. 15, 2010