TTC

MY FIANCE AND I ARE GETTING MARRIED IN SEPTEMBER. WE ALREADY HAVE 1 DAUGHTER BUT AFTER THE WEDDING WE WANT TO START TRYING FOR ANOTHER BABY. OUR DAUGHTER IS ALMOST 2 NOW AND WE WANT OUR CHILDREN CLOSE IN AGE. I WAS WONDERING IF THERE ARE ANY TRICKS TO GETTING PREGNANT. MY PERIOD IS ALWAYS IRREGULAR SO IDK WHEN I OVULATE. WE DID TRY A FEW MONTHS AGO AND HAD NO LUCK SO NOW WE DECIDED TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE WEDDING. IF ANYONE COULD LET ME KNOW AND OLD WIVE TALES. THANKX!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• When I was TTC my daughter I looked up an ovulation chart on the internet. My periods weren't super regular either but I thought it couldn't hurt.
    I typed in the first day of my last period and it gave me the days I "should" be most fertile.

I also tried all of the old wives tales, lol!
    Apparently if you do it on a night with a full moon then it increases your chances. It makes sense I guess since our cycles are so in tune with the moon and the ocean tides and all of that.

I would lay on my back with my legs against the wall and walk my feet up the wall so I was pretty much standing on my head, after sex.

I got pregnant first try.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:25 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Start charting your body temp, cervical mucous, and cervical postition. The book by Toni Weschler "Taking Charge of your Fertility" is a good reference on how to do so. By doing this, you can determine if you are ovulating and when the best time to have sex will be. It will also help if you are still experiencing issues and need a doctor to help. They can get valuable info from your charts instead of taking a stab in the dark at what the problem is.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:23 PM on May. 14, 2010

• with my dd we tried a month after we were married and got prenant really fast, didn't do a chart or anything scientific, just had sex every other day same as my son... lol GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:36 PM on May. 14, 2010