What are some ways that induced labor for you?

i was woundering what are some ways that induced labor for you? and i was just woundering is it possible to break your own water (no bashing please) please feel free to share your stories or just tell me what worked for you thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nothing but pitocin worked
    I was 3 cm dialated at 36 weeks, was still that at 42 weeks
    had my membranes stripped twice.... sex, walking, raspberry tea
    babies come when they are ready
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:31 PM on May. 14, 2010

• You should not try to induce your labor.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 12:31 PM on May. 14, 2010

• What do you mean break your own water (no bashing please)? Seriously? You could get a serious infection. Walk, sex, spicy food, warm bath if you want to feel like you're doing something... and then let your baby come when ready. If you need to be induced, let a professional do it...
    Anonymous

• Please don't break your own water... I know a girl that did that and the baby and her almost died.... I walked alot, it seem to work since I had him a 38 weeks.... I knoiw it's uncomfortable and sucks but don't rush it, it's better to wait so your baby has the best chance in life.... Congrats and GL! It will happen soon enough!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:33 PM on May. 14, 2010

• wtf? seriously? you're going to risk hurting your baby because pregnancy is uncomfortable to you? We all went through it. You can to. Suck it up, for your baby. If your dr isn't inducing you obviously you're baby isn't ready and you shouldn't be trying harmful things to do it. Use your head.
    Anonymous

• You can't break your own water. For the bag of water to be broken the cervix must be dilated so that usually means you are already in labor. Breaking the bag of water is suppose to shorten labor not start it in someone that isn't ready at all. Trying to break your own bag of water could cause damage to your cervix, vagina, or baby. You could get an infection. If you didn't have the baby in 24 hours you would have to have a C-section.

Babies come when they are ready. Go rent some movies, relax, and wait for things to happen on their own. There has been nothing scientifically proven that you can do to induce labor.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:34 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I just went into labor. I did nothing to get it going. I know that when baby is ready baby will come on its own.
    Anonymous

• Um... nothing. I wouldn't try to break your own water, that sounds really dangerous. I tried nipple stimulation ever 3 hours for 10 minutes when I was a week overdue and it gave me contractions, but they always went away after a few hours, they were really painful too. He was finally born 10 days late (3 weeks later than my first son), 9 lbs and 22 inches and although it was really hard and uncomfortable waiting so long I wouldn't change it now. I just think of it as waiting for a good thing, kind of like getting to enjoy it longer. Yeah I didn't want him to be so big and it made me a little sad at times that he wasn't a tiny newborn like other people have, but he was still a newborn, still got all kinds of comments from people about how cute and little he was, and I felt a little proud when people would go on and on about how amazed they were that I had such a big baby.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:51 PM on May. 14, 2010

• i go in next friday to get a repeat c-section
    itsagirl200801

Answer by itsagirl200801 at 12:56 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Pitocin, given in the hospital.

Answer by missanc at 12:57 PM on May. 14, 2010