in desperate need of prayer!! christians please lift us up to the Lord! not hate full remarks from others i will reporty you.

i am going through a custody battle for my children. i have a court date for june 3rd ....i left my exhusband because hi continually used drugs, almost lost our daughter. thank the lord the cops found her. and even on one occasion took a swing at me. i tried to help him...i even made him go to drug counseling and we attended marriage counseling. but after 5 years of finding durgs and him being stoned...the last straw was when i found dope on our bathroom floor when he was supposed to be watching the kids. i left with the kids. i had no choice. since we have been gone he has had almost nothing to do with them. no phone calls for months and in 2 1/2 years has only seen them twice. and missed all of our sons birthdays (he was ten months when we left) now he is tellin his lawyers i dont let him see the kids or talk to them. but he never tries to call or see them. i have never told him no. but he doesnt pick up the phone and call.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• In court it will be a pretty much she said and he said. The judge will set up the visitation schedule. Make sure the judge knows about all the drug problems, they will probably test him for drugs. My guess is that he is still doing drugs. Dont let him or his lawyers intimidate you. you go in there and protect your children the best you can!
    Anonymous

• I prayed for your children. I wish you well.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:47 PM on May. 14, 2010

• (OP) cont...and he is telling them that i only left because i didnt want to be with him. and that is not true i left to protect my kids. he is trying to take them for the summer. and his like a stranger to them. he doesnt know how to take care of our sons asthma. (now 3 years old, my little girl is 5) and hasnt even tlaked to the kids since december. i found some recent pics of him on his face book of him high. dated march 1st of this year. i am terrified of what is going to happen to my kids if he gets them. please pray for me and my family. i agree he is their father and has a right to see them. but he has to make an effort..and i can not agree to anything unless i know he is sober...i am a nervous wreck right now ...please pray for me....all i ask is for the truth to come to light and the lords will be done. i just want my kids to be safe.
    Anonymous

• Slap a mandatory drug test on him,,ASAP--this will help your case,, I am saying my prayers for you :)!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:51 PM on May. 14, 2010

• what she said and also fight for a supervised visitation.

Make sure you have physical custody of the kids and legal custody( meaning you have the only say so in medical ect.) Document everything!
    I pray God gives you favor in all this and all works out .
    Remember you are to focus entirely on what is best for the children, not what is best for you or their father. Keeping that in forefront will help your case as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:01 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Don;t worry, stay positive, they truth will prevail. You are in the right here. Make sure your attourney knows about the drug use and that its all filed for the courts. They will make him take a mandatory drug test.Make it clear that you've left the lines of communication open for him but he has been the one to choose not to make contact. And honestly, even if you did choose not to let him have contact with the children, you had good reason.
    Pray on it, put it in Gods hands,stay positive.Everything will work out for the best!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:03 PM on May. 14, 2010

• You got my prayers. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 1:58 PM on May. 14, 2010

• The truth will be on your side. I pray all goes well for you and your little ones.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:38 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I'm sorry you're going through this, it sounds very painful. I prayed for you.
    Anonymous

• I have said a prayer. God Bless!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 7:10 PM on May. 14, 2010