Does anyone really know

the definition of RACISM?

1.
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races

No one here seems to understand this. They is a difference between being prejudiced and racist. Just cuz someone is against ILLEGAL immigrant doesn't make them racist. Just cuz someone doesn't like the president doesn't make them racist. Just cuz someone doesn't want there child to marry outside of their CULTURE doesn't make them racist.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The OP has a point, Gaill. Most of the illegal aliens in my area are the same race as I am. I'm against the illegal part, not the race.

And illegal aliens come in ALL races, colors, ethnicitys and nationalities.  Including my own. 

I don't tolerate law-breakers, and neither does the Federal government, state government, or city government.  Violate the law, risk consequences and imprisonment. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:15 PM on May. 14, 2010

• You called this group of people illegal immigrants and that is racist because it is intolerant. You think you have a good reason, the law. Having a good reason doesn't matter, it still makes one a racist. The reason isn't a good reason to be racist since the law is human made. No law and no problem.

Sorry if you don't like to own up to it, but you are racist.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:49 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Gailll: So essentially your saying that if I call someone who killed somebody a murderer I'm racist? Or someone who stole something a thief, I'm racist? The laws are made for the public well being. I'm not being intolerant, they immigrated here illegal therefore they are illegal immigrants.
    It's not racist to be against people doing something illegally?
    But just for kicks do you have something better you would like us all to call them?
    Anonymous

• Gailll... since when is "illegal" a race? Illegal is the same as unlawful! Illegal has absolutely no race! If you commit an act that is unlawful, it's illegal! From stealing, murdering, speeding... even coming to this country with no papers! It is the law of the country to have papers to prove citizenship so if you have no papers (green card/birthcertificate) you're ILLEGAL! Just like STEALING! There is no race when it comes to the being illegal... how is it racist?

Anonymous

• Gaill is the air thin up there?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:17 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Exactly what should we call illegal immigrants Gaill?

Maybe "People of many colors who come into the United States without valid papers" ?

A bit of a mouthful, so you go first.
    Anonymous

• Illegal aliens are not a race and in saying that you are saying all illegals are of one race so maybe it is YOU who are racist. I say the law trumps feelings and illegals are illegal and it doesn't matter what race they are.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:28 PM on May. 14, 2010

• The Arizona law is racist because it's profiling based. I'm an immigrant but I'm unlikely to get picked on under the new law because I'm white. The whole point of the law is so cops can approach random hispanic people and ask them for ID.

There are a lot of people who don't like Obama because he's black. Not all of them but there are plenty of people out there who judge him primarily or partially on his skin color.

Not wanting your kid to date someone of a different race is assuming that the person has certain traits just because of their race. Culture has very little to do with it. Say a white mom doesn't want her daughter to date a black guy. He could go to her school , have similar interests, be from a similar family, and just generally be a very desirable date other than his skin color. That's racist. You might want your kid to date someone of the same religion or culture but they could be any race.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:29 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I know this has nothing to do with the question but the Arizona law makes it so AFTER you are pulled over for a different reason, the police are allowed to ask I you are legal! The can't just stop people for "looking like an illegal immigrant" walkin down the street!
    Another thing, how is illegal immigrant a race? It's not!!! There are many illegal immigrants from many different countries, they all have the same thing in common; they aren't legally allowed to be in the USA! There's no race issue there!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:40 PM on May. 14, 2010

• "The whole point of the law is so cops can approach random hispanic people and ask them for ID. "

Sorry, you obviously haven't read the bill. It's quite clear and only 10 pages long. Perhaps you should actually read the entire thing before offering your opinion. Otherwise your opinion is based of fear mongering, not fact.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:41 PM on May. 14, 2010