Daycare worries?

My son is 26 months and has had a private babysitter since he was 5 months old. I feel its time to get him into some interactive play with other kids but I am nervous about daycares. What are some things I should look for when searching for a good daycare?

Rebecca25

Asked by Rebecca25 at 12:56 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mealplans, certifications, location, rates, lesson they teach, rules the enforce...stuff like that
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 1:15 PM on May. 14, 2010

• well when you visit.. make sure it's clean, make sure they are an accredited place, teachers/caregivers are CPR certified and have degrees in child development or early childhood education, of course what is affordable for you, if they offer food/snacks, do they help potty train and does that cost extra, what their cirriculum is, if they play outside at all, and most important what is the teacher/student ratio.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 2:02 PM on May. 14, 2010

• After visiting about a dozen, it was pretty clear which were good and which weren't.

Anonymous