(Magickal Practitioners)I have a question...

In learning the craft, do/have you study(ied) under a particular teaching(s)? Such as in books/a person/a culture.

Did/Do you learn by family?

Did/Do you take any classes?

What do you do? Such as the types of divination/area you specialize in?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 12:59 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Study study study. And practice. I learned from books and trial and error. Oh and talk to other pagans also. Paganspace is a great place to meet some too.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 1:06 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I read and I practice.

I dont believe I need a teacher. Its inside me and thats where I have to learn to get it from.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:21 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I study (still do) and I practice... I keep notes and then study some more.
    If there is something I am not quit getting, then I will talk to a Pagan friend here on CM or other forums... but I do not feel that
    I need a teacher bc we each have our OWN energies that we need to learn to harness, to direct, to use for casting or ritual.
    We are all different in how we think and do things, some use everything you can think of for spell work and others (myself included) only use what little is actually needed...
    But again there are some who benefit well with personal teachers too... it is all up to the individual practitioner...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:33 PM on May. 14, 2010

• study study and practice... all by myself. I mo0ve around way to much to actually start any formal teaching.....
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:18 PM on May. 14, 2010

• In learning the craft, do/have you study(ied) under a particular teaching(s)? Such as in books/a person/a culture. I read a variety of different books--Raymond Buckland, Rosemary Altea and others. But I never studied specific teachings or traditions.

Did/Do you learn by family? No.

Did/Do you take any classes? No. There's nothing in this rural area of that kind. I collected information from the internet and subscribed to free newsletters.

What do you do? Such as the types of divination/area you specialize in? I read Tarot cards, Runes, and work with pendulum boards. I work candle magick, mostly in the area of healing and helping.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:34 PM on May. 14, 2010

• In learning the craft, do/have you study(ied) under a particular teaching(s)? Such as in books/a person/a culture. I have studied many paths, but none of them are necessary for Magick...

Did/Do you learn by family? No... My family is naturally "magickal" but they would all deny it to the death.

Did/Do you take any classes? I do and have and I also teach them.

What do you do? Such as the types of divination/area you specialize in? I don't really specialize... I enjoy scrying, but I'm trying to broaden that... I've been working to master tea leaves, palmistry, runes/tarot and a few others... Otherwise I am rather good at candle magick. I am a student of the craft and will never be an expert in any of it... No one can be.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:58 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I wasn't taught by MY family, but my first encounters with Wicca was with my "second family" when I was a kid. I practically lived with my best friend and she and her mother were Wiccan. I started learning about it there when I was 9 or 10. When I was 12, I moved to live with my grandparents who were VERY strictly Christian (my grandma believes that MOST people are going to hell). I studied some in secret while living there, but after I moved out is when I started learning the most. I have a very small library started of just Pagan books. Most of them are Wiccan because they were the easiest to acquire and that's where I started. I don't follow any trad now and consider myself an eclectic Pagan witch. I MIGHT still be somewhat eclectic Wiccan, but I don't think so. I use elements from Wicca, Shamanism (just starting to learn about it), etc. Most of my education of the Craft came from books and the internet.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:47 PM on May. 14, 2010

• In learning the craft, do/have you study(ied) under a particular teaching(s)? Such as in books/a person/a culture. i study constantly/read a lot of books. right now i have a list of magickal/pagan books that i want to get from Barns&Noble so i can study more under a particular teaching... i am a GreenWitch.

Did/Do you learn by family? no i'm in the same boat as Sabrina my family is naturally magickal but most of them would all deny it to the death especialy my mother and an uncle.

Did/Do you take any classes? no i havn't i dont feel like i need a teacher

What do you do? Such as the types of divination/area you specialize in? i'm geting very good at scrying especialy with my pendulum, i use tarot. i'm just starting to learn how to do tea leaf readings. and i'm wanting to learn palmistry.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 11:01 AM on May. 15, 2010