DO you feel awful when you post a question for help, and yet you have other moms bash you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It doesn't happen often but I don't take it personally. These people on here don't know me and if I don't like what they have to say I just ignore them. Besides, doesn't someone always come to your defense?
    On the other hand sometimes it just depends on the questions asked. If all you can say is something that would be taken the wrong way then it might be right to just not say anything. Some people just don't get that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:14 PM on May. 14, 2010

• At first I did. But then I learned that bashing other moms seems to be what Cafemom is all about.
    Anonymous

• yes. or even worse, you add a post for help and more people would rather respond to the post that says "lets see how many replies we can get". click it open and its stupid picture of elephants and its got 101 replies and your has none. that feels crappy too
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 1:13 PM on May. 14, 2010

• yes i dont understand why they are doing this. We are all women and moms that s this web site is for, helping each other, b/ce we re supposed to understand each other. If i want someone to bash me i would talk with my husband and fight with him but when i m here i need support and a pat on my back to tell that i m gonna be ok. please, all moms, be supportive and understanding.
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 1:15 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Someone offended me really bad in here last night. I have to have a cornea transplant soon. I wear glasses with clip on magnifying glasses over my glasses. A gal made fun of me for having to wear clip ons over my glasses. She said how embarrasing that would be to look like that. Im the first one here to say that it is hard to get a date lookinig like this. She really didnt have to be that much of a jerk about it.
    Anonymous

• Yes of course it is a rotten feeling to get bashed. But I usually look at it and see if there is any grain of truth to what they said. Generally there is...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:17 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Yes, it does make me feel awful sometimes and it bothers me. Not that I have a problem with someone disagreeing with me or telling me a different point of view...I actaully appreciate that...thats why I ask the questions that I do...but its just the way some people say things on here sometimes that sucks. Thier words can be mean and unnecessary and totally not helpful. I guess people like that have really crappy personalities in real life.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:18 PM on May. 14, 2010

• It used to, but they don't know me or my child and I won't ever see them again! Besides that, I know what is best for my child so I stopped taking things so seriously! Don't let it change you, don't let it ruin you're day! For some reason women feel they need to look for other mothers problems so they feel better about themselves instead of trying to help and support them. Sure, support would be great but a lot of moms like to critizise over the smallest things! Like if you post a q about how frustrated you are with a tantrum you child is throwing, other mothers take it as "you hate you're child! Why did you have him/her?! you shouldn't be a mother!" How ridiculous is that???
    I'm very sorry someone said something rude or offensive, but it does happen a lot on here! A lot of my friends deleted accounts due to this issue!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:24 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Cafemom is NOT all that! I know everything and anything I post here on CM will be subject to bashing, criticisms, and everything in between. The main issue is there is TOO much variety between ages, religion, personal beliefs, parenting styles etc. It's just one big cyst pool; especially in general areas such as the Answers Section. I've found OTHER sites where the BASE line tends to be LIKE MINDED people to be MORE helpful. In the non-cyber world we seek friendship and advice from like minded people. We should do the same in the cyber-world. Basically don't post super personal questions in the answer section, save that for SOME of the groups here on CM or for OTHER smaller, and better managed, Social Sites for Mothers.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:34 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Nope not really. Makes me laugh really. It's kinda funny really

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 2:06 PM on May. 14, 2010