potty training-

Ok! My DS is almost 3 years old and I am in the potty training process. This couple of days he had told me when he has to go pee, so that it great! But, he get diarrhea every time I start to potty train him. Is this normal? Is any one had the same problem?

Jamie8788

Asked by Jamie8788 at 1:30 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How are you potty training? Diarrhea can be a sign of stress. I am very knowledgeable on potty training so please ask any questions.

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 1:33 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I started letting him naked around the house, that help.But, he got diarrhea that time after a day. So I stop with the training. Because I thought the same thing, that he was nervous. This 2 days a put the underwear on a he started to go pee pee. So I was like great! But today he got diarrhea again.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 1:43 PM on May. 14, 2010

• not an expert in this area but I have trained 4 boys of my own and a g-son. I have found that the best thing is to slowly work them into it with a pr of fav undies (pic on ft and bk) Then we have a special calender for them with stickers. When we go pee we get a little sticker on that day and when we go poo poo we get a big gold sticker with a lot of celebration. On these days that he uses potty does he go poo at all? or are is he eating something that may cause it? keep reminding that poo poo in potty gets BIG gold sticker and to make it even more fun I got the stickers of the favorite cartoon character and let them put it on the calender themselves GOOD LUCK you all might think that I am crazy but my g-mother used to always tell me "Let him pee in a tin can and potty training would be done" yeah right i said then one day remodeling the bath and he had to go, guess what Tin Can 1 time and it worked Thanks G-ma!!
    Anonymous