what to pack for my baby when traveling?

We ll take a 5 days trip.what r the essentials for my baby?
Do u pack the bottles's sterilizer?do u take the walker?any advice or trics?
TY

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 2:13 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on where you're going. If you are going to see your family and they plan on a zoo trip, take the stroller. If you're going to a resort and the beach is close, don't take it. Take plenty of bottles, especially if you're driving. I recommend sterilizer unless you're staying with a relative. Take at least 2 outfits per day you will be gone. Comfortable clothes for the trip, cute clothes if you're getting pictures taken. Enough formula if you re not breastfeeding. Bottled water for bottles. Baby brush/hair stuff. Shampoo/body wash. If you go thru 8 diapers a day multiply it by how long you will be gone then add a few just to be safe. Baby wipes (you will use more than you do at home so bring extra) Socks and shoes. Dress shoes for special occasion?? Snack foods?? jar foods?? tissues...toys....pacifier??

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:23 PM on May. 14, 2010

• When I traveled with my kids, I just brought a small bottle of dish detergent and a bottle brush. I hand washed bottles in the hotel sink. I definitely wouldn't take the walker, too clunky. Bring a stroller. I tried to bring the least amount of stuff as possible. It's too hard to lug everything around. I just shared the hotel bed with my kids. I never brought a pack and play. Once, when my daughter was small she actually slept in the stroller!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:33 PM on May. 14, 2010

• A trick I learned in a hotel room - We didn't have a microwave or fridge. I just made the bottles by adding powdered formula to room temp bottled water. When we were in the car I would keep pre-measured powdered formula in small containers. I traveled with bottles filled with water. When the baby needed a bottle, I just mixed to 2 together and shook it. No need to keep anything cold or heat the bottle.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:38 PM on May. 14, 2010

• when we traveled from nv to chicago we drove and my daughter was 9 monts ds was almost 2 1/2. we hooked up the dvd player and let them watch the movies. we had little snacks close at hand and made sure to have enough diapers and bottles for daughter.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 2:51 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My DS is 10 months old and we've done MANY trips with him, this is what we do, for the airport (I assume you're flying) take a well packed diaper bag and a small umbrella type stroller, you can either rent a big stroller if you need it where you are going or just use the umbrella stroller (which is what we usually do). In the diaper bag I pack formula in the formula containers (they have 3 compartments so you can measure out the amount of formula in each compartment - we got ours at Target), also I like the formula packets, each packet is enough for a 4 ounce bottle, they sell these at walmart/target etc... I take as many small toys that will fit in the diaper bag as possible along with enough diapers for 2 days, and 4 bottles (empty to get through security). Like mompam we fill the bottles with room temp bottled water at the hotel and take along a bottle brush/detergent. One trick for airport security pack ALL the formula
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 2:55 PM on May. 14, 2010

• continued.... pack ALL the formula and baby food in a zip lock baggie to pull out at the security gate it doesn't even have to fit in a quart sized bag ANY size is fine. Good luck and have fun
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 2:59 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I breastfed and all I needed to take was a sling, clothes, and diapers if traveling by car. If flying get diapers when you get there. Walkers aren't good for babies and never owned one.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:12 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Less is more. Take only essentials. Walkers are dangerous and banned in many places including Canada,
    Unless you cloth diaper, bring enough for the car trip and buy what you need at your destination.
    Unless you buy special formula, you can also bring enough for the car ride and buy at your destination. If you breastfeed, you only need to nurse, one bottle for an emergency is plenty. Wash normally.
    Call ahead. Ask if your room has a fridge, if not bring a small igloo.
    If you don't co-sleep bring a pack and play type item for sleeping.
    you can bring a stroller, but a sling is lighter and more versatile.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:20 PM on May. 14, 2010