anyone ever lose a bunch of wait when you didnt want or need to?

I'm 20 yrs old. 5'2, and usually weigh between 110lbs - 115lbs. the past few months i have been losing weight...i am currently 100lbs. that can NOT be healthy....what is wrong with me? and i've had 2 kids....my youngest is 11 months old and no i am not going through ppd

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Health

• Unexplained weight loss is one sign of diabetes.
    Anonymous

• Go to your doctor. You may have an overactive thyroid.
    Anonymous

• Diabetes may be the culprit. You gotta get to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• Yep- go to the doctor and have a full panel run- thyroid, diabetes, even vitamin deficiencies. For me it's just my norm to be underweight, but when I was about 10 months pp I dropped down to about 85 pounds- not okay. I had to consciously up my protein/carb/calorie intake, and add prenatals again. I went to the doctor for the run of tests and there's nothing wrong with me that they can find. I've regained about 10-15 pounds over a 7 month period. You really need to see a doctor to rule out any major health problems if you haven't changed anything about your lifestyle (eating healthier/less, exercising more, more stress, etc) recently. In the end, if you are healthy the question is do you FEEL healthy at this weight or would you feel better weighing a little more? I feel best in the 100-105 range, yet for the average person at my height that is still low.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:07 PM on May. 14, 2010

• WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
    5'2" and 100lbs IS perfectly healthy. It is a little on the underweight side, but your bmi would be 18.3. I have always been small also. I am 5'4" and on average 105-110. I have NEVER had a dr tell me I am unhealthy and I am NOT a health nut.
    less than 18.5 Underweight
    18.5 - 24.9 Healthy
    25.0 - 29.9 Overweight
    30.0 or more Obese

But if you are concerned, go to the dr and ask for thyroid and diabetes tests. A lot of people lose a little weight at the beginning of summer also.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:47 PM on May. 14, 2010

• If you lost a great deal of weight unintentionally, that is unusual, even if it put you at your ideal weight. Have you had night sweats? Just to be on the safe side, you should talk to your doctor. On a positive note, you probably look great!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:11 AM on May. 15, 2010

• This happened to my mom and she was thrilled for a while until she was diagnosed with colon cancer. The surgeon removed a tumor the size of a grapefruit along with a foot of colon. The longer you wait the worse the outcome so don't ignore it like she did. No matter what it is you are better off catching any problems early and if there isn't anything wrong then you can relax.
    Diana49424

Answer by Diana49424 at 9:39 PM on May. 15, 2010