A question for the Jehova's

What, why or when do you get the idea that people want to be accosted in the parking lot of the gas station or McDonalds? Why do you feel it is necessary to stalk people, bang on doors etc? I am tired of people knocking on my car window with that little paper in hand! I have a religion thank you! I don't disrespect you for believing what you believe...why can't you leave John Q Public alone? I am happy in my walk with the Lord, why can't you be happy for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its not illegal to have conversations with someone. People love to talk about God, they, JW"s arent any different, just more, group oriented and constructed about talking...lol.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:45 PM on May. 14, 2010

• We try to follow Jesus' footsteps as commanded in the bible and Jesus preached everywhere and door to door.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 3:02 PM on May. 14, 2010

• You are not Jesus and this is not 2010 years ago. I think you need to have some respect. If JW's are "group oriented" perhaps they should make sure the group they are in actually want to be talked to about Jesus. I don't think it is right that I am minding my own business drinking a coffe before work in the McDonalds parking lot and you just feel you can come up and start shoving your religion in my face. If I want to be a JW I know where to go!
    Anonymous

• Not everyone knows where to go. I'm sorry that we bother you so much, but we cant stop preaching. We have a job to do and we have to do it. We do try to be very respectful. No, we're not Jesus, but the command is to follow in his footsteps and to baptize people. Have to go to work, i'll check in later. have a good day.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 3:16 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Yea but i don't think that Jesus harassed people, when they asked him not to come back he probably didn't. we told the JWs in our area if they came back again we'd file harassment charges b/c they kept waking my son up from his nap and were being beyond annoying and disrespectful. I recognize that a big part of your religion is to go out and WITNESS... but that doesn't mean badger and harass. all you do is push people away when they say "dont come back" and you do... no one wants to be thought of as that annoying religion... its fine to witness... just don't badger and harass. I'm a chrisitan. I am solid in my faith. i dont agree with your set of beliefs in general. so let it go and move on to someone who might actually listen, cuz when i was being harassed, it turned me off to even discussion.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:23 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Jesus did indeed say go and make disciples of all nations but if you watched HOW Jesus did it.. HE NEVER shoved it under peoples noses. People followed Him because they SAW that He was very DIFFERENT. He wasn' t like the Pharisees who stuck their noses in peoples business and then exploited people who sinned. Jesus often healed people first then they came to Him or followed Him. They were hungry for the power and grace and love He displayed but never did He once shove it in their faces.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:50 PM on May. 14, 2010

• When we minister to people on the streets we never tell them we are Christians or that they have to know Jesus... we ask if they want prayer.. 99 percent of the time they say yes. We also prophesy words of encouragement over their lives! Many come to Jesus because they see that we do not force religion on them.. but that we share how we have a relationship with Jesus by doing what He said... go heal the sick, raise the dead... etc.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:53 PM on May. 14, 2010

• oh and i am not a jehovah witness... I am a believer in Jesus Christ .. a child of God whom He loves! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:54 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I agree with this: I have love and respect for my JW's sisters for these reason's: they have zeal, drive, and love. I do not however trust their so called "prophet" he is the one teaching them to do the things they do, and how they should do it. I pray my JW sisters will realize that Yahshua the son of Yahweh, is the ONLY prophet we should trust to lead us to the promise land. If they would turn that zeal to learn Yahweh's truth, through Yahweh's word and holy spirit alone. They will be just fine. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:56 PM on May. 14, 2010

• And to be honest I feel the same way about my Christians sisters as well. I do not trust their "teachers, "preachers" either. If anyone tells you it is okay to break Yahweh's laws an that they were done away with and do not stay with in the word alone, they are proving to be false guides and should be avoided. This is one of the main reason I do not claim to be a Christian or am a christian. Christianity is divided, and no house divided against itself will stand. It is about unity in the love and family of Yahweh through his son Yahshua. We are to do things exactly as the Messiah has done. Including baptism, prayer, and humility. We should also preach as he preached about the coming kingdom ,and repentance. Nothing more or less. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 4:02 PM on May. 14, 2010