Would you/Do you bathe your daughter and son together?

Someone said it was wrong to throw both kids into the tub together since they were different genders. Do you agree?

Happypancake

Asked by Happypancake at 2:38 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think it's a giant deal as long as everyone's comfortable with it. As they get older they develop a desire for privacy and modesty, and at that point I think it would be wrong to force them to bathe together. My oldest started becoming aware and asked for privacy at around age 5; everyone in the family respects his needs. My two year old still would prefer being naked 24/7, lol.
    iloveconan

Answer by iloveconan at 7:22 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My daughter is 6, my son is 4. I just recently stopped. They were starting to say things about each others butts. Up until this point it was fine and they loved playing together in there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:39 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My son is 6 and my dd is 4 and I still do but very rarely. Only when I am in a super hurry or something. They have never mentioned their differences...lol But its probably getting time to stop soon.
    Anonymous

• it is fine I use to do it all the time.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 2:41 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My son is 5 1/2 and my daughter will be 4 on May 30th. We've decided to stop on her 4th b-day. They love splashing and playing bath toys together.... plus it's nice to "kill 2 birds with 1 stone". We're a really modest family, though... I am surprised we let them go this long.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:42 PM on May. 14, 2010

• its ok.... Its great to monitor them so you know when to stop.. but i think alot of times the kids will learn modesty on their own & want to stop as well.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:43 PM on May. 14, 2010

• By the time my son is born and is big enough to have a real bath in the big tub, no, I won't bathe them together because she'll be almost four years older than him.
    Anonymous

• Granted I would never literally throw them into the tub. lol
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 2:44 PM on May. 14, 2010

• i did until he was 5 and she was 3
    racingirl

Answer by racingirl at 2:47 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My daughter is 2 and a half, and my son is 11 months old, and they take baths/showers together. Why not? It's not a big deal when they're young. I remember taking baths with my little brother, and we are 4 years apart.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 2:51 PM on May. 14, 2010