SAHM, what are some hobbies you've taken up?

Are you a knitter? Painter? Writing a book?

Back when I had waaay too much time on my hands, I could sit around and draw pictures all day. Since having kids, I've taken art courses over the past years to perfect my talent but most days, I barely have the capacity to practice new techniques or be creative.

aluvk4evr

Asked by aluvk4evr at 2:55 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Right, right, now none. But I'm sure I'll be getting wonderful ideas here. Thanks for asking this question.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 2:59 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Let's just hope other SAHMs will even feel bothered to answer, lol. It's hard to get comments when your question isn't drama loaded.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 3:04 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Going to grad school, reading, looking at magazines, knitting, sewing, quilting, crafts, scouts with my kids, camping, dog activities (there is something nearly every weekend to do with your dog where I live), volunteering, meditation, listening to music and going to concerts, going to thrift stores, and going to yard sales.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:04 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Wow, Gailll. All those are your hobbies? I was thinking maybe one thing you really enjoy doing alone, lol. But I guess I did say "hobbies".
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 3:09 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Lately my hobby is writing projects/ideas down in a journal that I dont ever get to do because of having 3 kids..lol As soon as I have a vision, no one touches mommy, I have to write my idea down.

I draw from time to time and put my daughter's art up on my walls. I like painting and antiquing furniture, getting my hands busy. Whatever inspires me at the moment or I write it down in journaland save for later. Ive taken photos and its ok. It seems like I channel it through my kids mostly. When we have a sleepover, I include a craft. For teacher appreciation week, I choose for my dausghter to paint a pot for her teacher and we are giving her teacher a peppermint plant. Oh Im a trash finder and I found the coolest rusted cafe chair and let a vine grow on it in my garden. Always an artist. I like decorating cakes. I like collages. I sew. I would love to take another ceramics class.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:15 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Since I grew up not having hobbies at all Im struggling to find something to do.I like to Sew.I have made a couple Billows BUT sewing with 2 children under 4 is kinda tough.I am not an artist and not a writer.Im sure I will find something I love.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:16 PM on May. 14, 2010

• well... I only have evening time to do anything, after the kids go to bed- I Knit/crochet/tat, Sketch, sew (make all kinds of things- so sad because I was making an uber cute dress and my machine crapped out)... I love photography, but can't afford it anymore. I Bake, I love to bake! lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:17 PM on May. 14, 2010

• hiking and running... I have done dozens of 5 & 10Ks, about half a dozen 1/2s, and two full marathons. I also learned to surf, and rock climb.
    Anonymous

• crocheting! it's very relaxing and there are soooo many projects out there. i am currently in the process of making a lion for my friends son!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:14 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Loom knitting. I got addicted to this back in September and I have made tons of stuff. I just finished a pair of slipper socks today.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:26 PM on May. 14, 2010