I have given my daughter recalled Children's Zyrtec 5 days in a row!!!

I am crying right now... She seems fine... Should I contact her pediatrician? Is there anything to be done? I had somehow missed that the recall included Zyrtec. I'm waiting for my daughter's insurance to be reinstated, so a pedi visit will be out of pocket but of course I'll do what I should regardless of money... What would you do? Am I freaking out for no reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on May. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I heard it wont heart them by giving it to them they just recalled it because they didn't messure correctly or something like that I believe. But you can see what your doctor says, but they probably will say it is fine and just to throw that out. I gave my DD the same thing for 3 days before I new it was recalled
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:00 PM on May. 14, 2010

• it wasnt recalled for a medical reason, it was for a quality one..not to be alarmed
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:02 PM on May. 14, 2010

• i gave my son the recalled tylenol months ago...he's fine, i just found out it was recalled a few days ago so i didnt know
    he's fine....
    Anonymous

• Domoniquews is right
    dont go to the pediatrician
    Anonymous

• Thank you all... Ugh. I cannot think of a worse feeling in the world than knowing I did something to harm my child... I'm still shaky. I want to go pick her up from her grandma's house right now. I'm not even a first-time mother!
    Anonymous

• McNeil Consumer Healthcare is initiating this voluntary recall because some of these products may not meet required quality standards. This recall is not being undertaken on the basis of adverse medical events. However, as a precautionary measure, parents and caregivers should not administer these products to their children. Some of the products included in the recall may contain a higher concentration of active ingredient than is specified; others may contain inactive ingredients that may not meet internal testing requirements; and others may contain tiny particles. While the potential for serious medical events is remote, the company advises consumers who have purchased these recalled products to discontinue use.

http://mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc
    go to the above url for the full press release
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:10 PM on May. 14, 2010