Need some advice on child support

Ok ladies here it is I've been divorced from my kids (3) dad for awhile. My child support says he owes me 860 something a month I was a bit nice and said he could pay me 550 instead because he always gives me a pitty party about anything. I don't go through the state to get my child support again being nice. and every month I have to ask for the child support some months he just gives it to me others he makes stupid comments like don't spend it all in one place... okay for one 550 doesn't cover anything not for three kids. or if I ask or want to talk about it he says my true colors show and i'm all about money and myself. I am remarried and my husband wants me to go through the state. And now my ex lost his job and is getting unemployment. Now I got 300 dollars for a month. Should I just go through the state? I think I should but tell me what you think. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• yes, IMO child support should always be done through the state
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:03 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I went through this too in the beginning. They will take as much as they can get out of you. Hubby is right, go to the State. Garnish his wages as well so you dont have to continue on this roller coaster ride any longer. The days of being nice are over.
    Anonymous

• Always go through the state. Never settle for less, you are cheating your kids.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:09 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Go thru the state that way he cant get the best of you. They are half HIS kids and needs to support them in some form. If you go thru the state, then if he isn't paying he will either get his wages garnished, or will lose his license(if he has one) OR they will take his refund on his taxes(again if he gets one) It will save you the hassle of dealing with him personally. Good luck
    Anonymous

• Definitely go through the state. I wish I would have done things a little bit differently when I got my divorce.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 5:32 PM on May. 14, 2010

• HE IS GIVING YOU GUILT TRIPS AD MANIPULATING U!!!! AFTER U BREAK UP WITHA GUY HE LOOSES THE EMOTIONS AND ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY! THEY DETACH AND TURN INTO A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON! MY SONS FAHTER ONLY GIVES ME 100 A WEEK AND HE DIDNT GIVE ME MONEY FOR OUR SONS BIRTHDAY PARTY CUZ HE SAID THE 100 DOLLARS SHOULD COVER IT! LOL. THEY JUST CHANGE! LEARB TO DEAL WITH IT NOW! CUT OFF YOUR FEELINGS OF PITY AND STOP CUTTING HIM A BREAK CUZ HE ISNT DOING IT FOR U! HE SHOULD GIVE U ATLEAST 600 EVEN IF U SAY U ONLY WANT 500SOMETHING! ITS NOT LIKE HE IS GIVING U MONEY TO GO SKY DIVING OR GET YOUR NAILS DONE ITS FOR HIS KIDS! WHAT A DICK! I HATE HOW THEY ACT!
    innocentmyworld

Answer by innocentmyworld at 8:06 PM on May. 20, 2010